Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Pelka....and other children

+3
Tradzoner
Inkflo
tocyvi
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Daniel Pelka....and other children - Page 2 Empty Re: Daniel Pelka....and other children

Post by tocyvi Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Tradzoner wrote:I did say that I would not agree the death penalty for all, but there are some, as in this case, where you know 100% that these people committed the crime.
With DNA proof and improved camera surveillance there is much less chance of error in horrific crimes.

Would you have demanded the death penalty for one or both of Daniel’s parents? How would you have decided? Whatever the situation may be, you have accepted, in your own words, that there is “much less chance of error”.

There have been too many cases of police connivance, bad pathology (eg Freddie Patel), poor witnesses and so on to say you have conclusively proved a case.

Tradzoner wrote:As edmoraz says, there is much more support for criminals than there are for the victims.  Psychologists and social workers are probably the worse curse of our times and who try to validate why these people do it. As for human rights organisations, they make my blood boil. I reckon only 2% of their work is of any valid use.

To be fair, none of this is an argument for or against the use of capital punishment. Your comments are emotive in the extreme; to state that psychologists and social workers are the “worse curse” of our times, suggests that you may not have seen too much in the way of the seamy side of life.

Regarding your comments about human rights organisations making your blood boil, would you, for example, include Amnesty International, Freedom from Torture, Disabled Peoples International, International Committee of the Red Cross, or any other of the valuable organisations fighting for equality and fairness in your sweeping assertion that only 2% of their work is of any use?

From my perspective, you have admirably demonstrated why good law should never be based on an emotive response.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Daniel Pelka....and other children - Page 2 Empty Re: Daniel Pelka....and other children

Post by edmoraz Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:28 am

Your right Tocyvi it is a good job I am not in charge, but maybe the people who are in charge should be held responsible for their actions/inactions.
It is good that we can all disagree and not get personal and insulting on this imotive subject, in my opinion.

edmoraz

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:34 am

edmoraz wrote:It is good that we can all disagree and not get personal and insulting on this imotive subject, in my opinion.

Smile Thanks for your comments. That is something we can agree on. What a boring old world it would be if we all had the same opinions about
everything.

tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum