Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Love of my life is on Holiday so i'm in charge.

3 posters

Go down

The Love of my life is on Holiday so i'm in charge. Empty The Love of my life is on Holiday so i'm in charge.

Post by simmo Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:21 am

Hi Folks
The love of my life has gone back to the UK for her dad's 90th birthday. So i've been left in charge for the week with a long list of do's and don'ts.ie-
Do's
Walk dogs
cut grass
get lottery tickets
collect bread
keep house clean & tidy
dead head flowers in garden
water plants in garden
get shopping
etc etc etc

Don'ts
forget to walk dogs
forget to change dogs water at least twice a day
eat fast food
eat to much
drink to much
upset the locals
get into trouble
spend to much
Simmo in the Correze

simmo

Back to top Go down

The Love of my life is on Holiday so i'm in charge. Empty Re: The Love of my life is on Holiday so i'm in charge.

Post by Tony H Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:47 am

Seems you got off lightly.. very short list ! Very Happy
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

The Love of my life is on Holiday so i'm in charge. Empty Re: The Love of my life is on Holiday so i'm in charge.

Post by simmo Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:16 am

Yeh but! Yeh but!
I forgot to mention the washing and ironing and the hovering  plus polishing the furniture and  mopping the floors oh! and  brushing the two dogs. I bet i have also forgotten something else important she told me to do.
Simmo in the Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:41 am

Cor blimey!
I've also just had a look at the TV thingy majig thing and thats going to take some working out. God help me if i loose her TV channels while she's away. Still i can always say i found the dogs playing with it. That should cover me if i press the wrong buttons
Simmo in the Correze

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:51 am

woh!
washing machine No problamo! it may be a Bosch and the instructions in French but i managed to get it to work OK. Although the dogs did seem to retire to a safe distance when i started fiddling with it.
Simmo in the Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:02 am

Hey! Hey!
It's siesta time and as i'm looking after Lottie and herbie our friends two dogs while they take the boss to the airport with our two dogs gizmo and lucas that makes five of us snoring in the shade. Ain't life good especially when i've got the old parker knoll to crash in.
Simmo in the Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:55 pm

Relax and enjoy Simmo - the day before she arrives home you rush round like a maniac doing all the jobs!Wink 

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:24 am

Well folks!
The boss phoned last night saying she had arrived home safe and well in the Lake District and was fine. The following questions show where i am in the pecking order in our house-
I'm OK she said
how is lucas (the Dog)
how is Gizmo (the Dog)
Have you feed the Cats
How are you.
Must go using mobile phone.
Yep I come last after the two dogs and three cats. All i can say is lucky we ain't got any other pets as i would be lucky to get a mention.
Simmo in the Correze

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony H Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:34 pm

You answered the phone so she knows you are alright. If we went away together, a friend called in to feed and check on our cats. MOH left a list of cat do's and don'ts longer than your list Very Happy
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:52 pm

We had some 'friends' come and house sit for us last year to look after the animals, and give themselves a 10 day holiday in France. I left the freezer and the cupboards full of food as well as the basic instructions on how to feed the livestock - donkeys, dogs, cats and chickens. These 'friends' are also donkey, dog and cat owners in the UK, but I found when we got back the animals had received the minimal of care, all of them were hungry, they had not properly moved the electric fencing to allow the donkeys access to more grass -they complained the donkeys broke out one day, I'm not surprised they were probably starving! The house was a tip and reeked of dogs - they had been left shut in all day early morning until about 10 pm the day before we arrived home and I think they had wee'd and poo'd in desperation.

Needless to say we won't be asking them back again!Evil or Very Mad 

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:32 am

Hi folks
Update on being in charge. I'm on a roll here
Dogs Fed
Dogs walked
Cats fed
Cats given Pill
Gate repaired
Farm cart with flowers on repaired
Logs for winter brought in and stored
Washing done
Plants and flowers watered and fed
Poly tunnel veg watered and fed

So now all i have to do is
Clean House
Cut grass on the estate and strim round
get shopping in
Hid Pittza boxes
hid empty beer bottles
groom dogs
and oh yes remember to pick her up from the Airport!.

Cor Blimey i nearly forgot the ironing! more than my lifes worth i would really be up the creek with out a paddle if i did that.
so now let me see friday, saturday, Sunday yep should just be able to complete the list of works left to do.I'll need a holiday myself after this little lot!.
Simmo in the Correze

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi Folks
Now all i've got to do is make the brandy bottle blend in with the other old bottles of spirit. Then the jobs  a good'en.Blimey I forgot the ironing never mind their is always another day.
Simmo in the Correze purly for madicinal purposes you understand Hic!.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi Again folks.
The last installment of i'm in charge.The love of my life flew back into Limoges from liverpool yesterday.
Got up early Garden looking good grass cut and flowers watered, House clean and hovered and polished and floors mopped. All dogs walked , then fed dogs and cats before leaving. showered changed into glad rags and kicked the tyres and lit the fires on the old Landrover. Left at 0900hrs with bags of time to spare, At Silach on N120 flagged down for road side check by Gandames, all ok set off again just enough time to meet the 1045hrs flight as it arrived.
Got onto A20 at junction 45 all going well then just south of Limoges all traffic comes to a dead stop. Then it was klms of stop-start wall to wall traffic following a traffic accident. At 1100hrs pulls out mobile phone to phone the love of my life and realised i had left my little book with phone numbers in at home!.Spent the next 45minutes counting ambulances, Fire and rescue vehicles go by in the crash lane. Final got going again at 1145hrs passing scene of accident a typical french shunt bags of wreakage and alot of waveing of arms. Arrives at airport and by did i get a rocket ,none of this hi my love glad to see you and a kiss it was rip me head off time.
We travelled back with the love of my life nodding off, as we got to the A20 and headed south it was chocker north bound with slow moving traffic and south of limoges as we got to were the accident had been it was 20Kls of stop start wall to wall traffic.We arrived home and by were the dogs glad to see us. After the inspection( (Just passed i think) and a quick cup of tea it was off to Tulle for me to do the weekly shop.
I slept well last night knowing the love of my life was back safe and well , if not to happy with me.
Simmo in the Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down