BBC News report on Gibralter.

Go down

BBC News report on Gibralter.

Post by simmo on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi Folks
Don't you just love some of these news reports. Inteview with spanish persons, we love the English but why are they in Gibralter. Reply because pal it's ours and has been for the last 300 years!.Have you noticed also when the Brits cut the forces the Argies start to bargie and now the spanish have joined in.Typical they are not up for it until they think we are a push over.
Simmo in the sunny French correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Re: BBC News report on Gibralter.

Post by simmo on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Woops!.
It's an A not E but what the heck they still carn't have it.
Simmo in the Correze

simmo

Back to top Go down

Gibraltar

Post by DC on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:01 am

Note how the Spanish say that we are colonists on their territory etc etc, but never mention Cueta (and Melilla) the two Spanish enclaves across the straits in N Africa. Does this sound familiar?

Ceuta, like Melilla, was a free port before Spain joined the European Union. As of 2011, it has a population of 78,674.[2] Its population consists of Christians, Muslims (chiefly Arabic speakers), and small minorities of Jews and Indian Hindus. Spanish is the official language. The majority of the city's population are ethnic Spanish who are opposed to the idea of being ruled by Morocco.[3] A poll conducted by Instituto Opina found that 87.9% of people from mainland Spain consider the two cities to be Spanish.

DC

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:15 am

Hi Folks
Thanks for that, I rest my case.
Simmo in a sunny correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Well, I do not want to start an argument, but I think this whole business of colonisation is outdated and has caused a lot of misery in the past and even nowdays in many countries. And I am not only speaking of the British, but also the Dutch, French, Spanish and Portugese.
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:28 pm

The difficulty with this is how far do you go back to determine what is rightfully yours or mine. Just about every country in the world has been colonised at some point, especially Africa, if you assume that Africa was the birthplace of mankind. It seems to me that Rajoy is trying to redirect the attention focussed on him, his suspect financial adventures and Spain's plight in general, in the same way that Galtieri did and Kirchner is currently doing regarding Argentina.

It is a classic case of "Don't look here, look over there". From my understanding of the situation, most Spanish are neither a) interested nor b) taken in by Rajoy's game playing.

Let's have some justice; give Africa back to the Neanderthals!!
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:12 pm

I must have been asleep and missed something i thought we had given Africa back to the Africans and they having made a right mess of things. Now the chinese had decided to recolonise them and sort them out as only the Chinese can, ie like they are doing in Tibet.
Simmo in the Correze

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:33 pm

simmo wrote:Now the chinese had decided to recolonise them and sort them out as only the Chinese can, ie like they are doing in Tibet.
Or indeed like all the other colonising countries have done ie rape the country for their own ends. You can't criticise the Chinese without levelling the same criticism against the British, the Dutch, the French and the Portugese, as Myriam said earlier.
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Or indeed like all the other colonising countries have done ie rape the country for their own ends. You can't criticise the Chinese without levelling the same criticism against the British, the Dutch, the French and the Portugese, as Myriam said earlier.[/quote]
Yes, some self-criticism is in order, simmo, I think. Just look at all the old colonies and see what problems they have in becoming democratic. I think we, the colonisers, are at least partly to blame for that. It's too much of a coincidence...
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Myriam wrote:Or indeed like all the other colonising countries have done ie rape the country for their own ends. You can't criticise the Chinese without levelling the same criticism against the British, the Dutch, the French and the Portugese, as Myriam said earlier.
Yes, some self-criticism is in order, simmo, I think. Just look at all the old colonies and see what problems they have in becoming democratic. I think we, the colonisers, are at least partly to blame for that. It's too much of a coincidence...[/quote]
Sorry, did not get the quotation marks in correctly, must be fatique, or I am just tired and emotional Laughing .
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum