Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PROBLEM WITH BOURGANEUF WOODYARD

5 posters

Go down

PROBLEM WITH BOURGANEUF WOODYARD  Empty PROBLEM WITH BOURGANEUF WOODYARD

Post by redburmese Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:09 pm

Went in today to order my wood only to be told we no longer sell 30 cm logs only 50 cm upwards Shocked big prob my woodburner will take [at a pinch ]40 cm but not 50 cm ,can anyone sugest another wood seller ,ime 10 km north of Bourganeuf ,i know there is a woodyard just after Benevent L Abbaye towards Marsac but his wood 2 years ago was 200 euros a cord Shocked any help please Rolling Eyes 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

PROBLEM WITH BOURGANEUF WOODYARD  Empty Re: PROBLEM WITH BOURGANEUF WOODYARD

Post by Tony H Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:53 am

Hi Red... I get mine from Benevent.. don't know how much you usually pay but at Benevent it is 51 euros a stere cut to 33cm and delivered. Not the cheapest but seems to be an average price. The wood is usually all oak and beech and burns well.. I have asked around locally and although there are a few small time suppliers they are not much cheaper or charge a premium to deliver anything other than very local. (I am 14km from Benevent).  Also the wood seems of variable quality elsewhere.

Sorry I can't help any more. If you do find a cheaper supplier that would deliver my way (near St Goussaud) then I would be interested in the details.

Anyone else want to post the price they pay ????
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

PROBLEM WITH BOURGANEUF WOODYARD  Empty Wood

Post by pogo Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:39 am

Hi.

I have just collected my years wood. It comes on 1m3 oak pallets, its all oak, anything from logs to kindling offcuts, no bigger than 50cm.
I payed €40 a stere, but I did collect it. They deliver around La Souterraine. Its all offcuts from a supplier of oak planks to make Cognac barrels, one of only 2 suppliers in france.

pogo

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks for your replies ,will give BENEVENT a go but it is more expensive ,Tony H if your fire takes 50 cm lengths go to BOURGANEUF wood yard only 170 a cord !if i hear of anything nearer to you will let you know ,thanks again for both your replies Smile 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:08 am

Hi Folks
Ours logs have over the last eight years always been from our woods on the Estate!.We always log the dead trees and these burn very well if cut and logged when dry.This year we have been given permission by our Dutch friends to harvest wood from their woods next to our own, so we have a secure supply for a few more years yet.
I think Blakevine got her's from a local wood supplier here in the Correze and the cost was 50 euro's a stair delivered so your price's seem to be about average for cut and delivered.Oak,Beech and silver birch being a very good mix.
I must say it's quite a sight to see the love of my life felling trees with her chain saw, this afternoon she brought three down in one go.What a crash that was!. Now all we have to do is log them and get them stored before the rain at the weekend.
Simmo in the Correze (Timber sweet heart!)

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony H Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:05 am

redburmese wrote:Thanks for your replies ,will give BENEVENT a go but it is more expensive ,Tony H if your fire takes 50 cm lengths go to BOURGANEUF wood yard only 170 a cord !if i hear of anything nearer to you will let you know ,thanks again for both your replies Smile 
Red... mine takes 33cm logs.. the 51 euros a stere I quoted was for that size delivered. They are a bit cheaper for 50cm logs as there is less work involved for them... no help to you though as I saw you need the smaller logs as well.
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

Post by edmoraz Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:14 am

There is always wood for sale in , what I persume is the local council parks and gardens dept, in Gueret. Its on the SPA road, does anyone have any info about it, sorry to be vague.Exclamation

As a matter of interest, how many cordes does it take the average house to get through a winter, we are moving over after the winter so it will give me an idea for next year.

edmoraz

Back to top Go down

PROBLEM WITH BOURGANEUF WOODYARD  Empty Wood

Post by pogo Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:04 pm

We have 2 woodburners. One is on from about 5 in the morning to 10 at night, most days. The other is only on occasionally when it is really cold, and then only for a couple of hours here and there.
We usually work on an average of 6m3 (6 steres) for most years, depending on how long the winter is. Bear in mind that my OH doesnt like to be cold, which is a bit of an understatement, as anyone who has entered our furnace will know.
We also run our central heating on low all the time for the upper floors.

Pogo

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Only have a small stone cottage 3 up 3 down ,a woodburner and a couple of electric radiators so 2 cords see me through ,but as most other brits here have much bigger houses you will as stated be looking at 4-6 cords if you are in this bracket:roll: 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by edmoraz Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Thats a lot less than I thought, think we will be similar to you red we have a 6m x 6m room with a kitchen off, two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs so quite small realy. We have oil filled rads upstairs but the house is still a draughty bugger.What a Face 

edmoraz

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Sounds just like mine ,and the draughts ,where do they come from ,checked windows doors and yet they still whip round your feet Shocked 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down