Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Insurance

5 posters

Go down

Car Insurance Empty Car Insurance

Post by tocyvi Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:55 pm

As I understand it, under the Loi Madelin, you have to give your existing car insurer a certain period of time before expiry, of the intention to change to a new insurer. Can someone tell me whether this is 1 or 2 months, please. Thanks.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Car Insurance Empty Re: Car Insurance

Post by noodles Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:13 pm

http://www.point-assurance.com/en-ligne/resiliation-assurance-auto-moto-quand-comment-resilier/#more-27

-A l’échéance en respectant le préavis prévu par votre contrat.
L’article L 113.12.2 du Code des Assurances prévoit un préavis minimum de 2 mois avant l’échéance, le cachet de la poste faisant foi, mais votre contrat peut prévoir un délai inférieur (le préavis d’un mois est courant).

THis suggests two months but that some policies only require one , so I guess it must be on your paperwork.
noodles
noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply, Noodles. I think I'll just about make it. As a matter of interest to others, I have saved nearly 200€ pa by going through my bank as opposed to an agent and the cover is better than before. A couple of months ago, I also saved over 200€ pa by changing my house insurance - again with better cover.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Car Insurance Empty Insurance

Post by Inkflo Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:34 pm

tocyvi wrote:Thanks a lot for the reply, Noodles. I think I'll just about make it. As a matter of interest to others, I have saved nearly 200€ pa by going through my bank as opposed to an agent and the cover is better than before. A couple of months ago, I also saved over 200€ pa by changing my house insurance - again with better cover.

I totally agree, we have saved a lot of money going with our bank, and the premiums don't increase by more than a couple of euros a year.bounce 
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Car Insurance Empty Insurance.

Post by pogo Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:46 pm

I dont have much to do with insurance in france, my OH sorts it all.

However, in the UK, I used to shop around every year, and probably never used the same company 2 years in a row!. I have a sneaky suspicion that they hook you with a low quote, and then hit you big next year, hoping that you will stay with them. Why was the same company NEVER the cheapest 2 years in a row?? Or am I just suspicious? Laughing
I wouldnt mind a bet that next year your old insurers beat your bank quotes.
There.... I am suspicious. 

As a matter of interest, do they inform you of your new premium before the 2 months is up?

Paul

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:56 pm

pogo wrote:As a matter of interest, do they inform you of your new premium before the 2 months is up?

Good point! My current insurance company (ie not the bank) used to inform me about 2/3 weeks before the renewal date.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by gwennog Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:54 am

My experience was exactly the opposite. I saved a considerable amount by changing from the bank. It seems to indicate that it is the very action of changing that produces the saving.

gwennog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum