Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life in Genaral

5 posters

Go down

Life in Genaral Empty Life in Genaral

Post by Larry Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:35 am

Just come back from our House in France and witnessed a lovely wedding, they where eating till nearly midnight (don't know how they do it) and partied to the early hours.
How different from the uk all very peaceful no large drinking to excess etc. but just nice. That's why we love going to France its just a slower more peaceful way of living no great expectations just nice and easy and slower no manic traffic just nice. Said Nice twice now but that's the way it is.
Take Care Everyone
Larry and Rita

Larry

Back to top Go down

Life in Genaral Empty Re: Life in Genaral

Post by Tradzoner Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:16 am

I agree. We have lived and worked here now for quite a few years and much as I love seeing friends and family occasionally, I could never live in the UK again.

The things I love most are the lack of traffic, friendliness of the people and our wonderful hectic social life which does not cost me a fortune so it means I can go and enjoy myself on very little money frequently. Prime example was last night, Bal Trad at La Châtre, free entry, two well known dance groups and all it cost us was what we wanted to drink. Very Happy 
Tradzoner
Tradzoner

Back to top Go down

Post by STINKY1207 Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Saturday night there was a birthday party in the Salle de Fete opposite us. Lots of teenagers turning up or being dropped off. Two boys, probably 15/16 years old spotted me working in the courtyard, came over, introduced themselves and said they realised the Salle de Fete was quite close to our house and so would keep the noise down as much as possible. About 50 teenagers turned up for the party.
In the morning ther was no litter, broken glass or disgusting bodily deposits through overindulgence. That afternoon the same two boys returned and hoped we had not been inconvenienced.
I rather think the situation might have been a little different back home.

STINKY1207

Back to top Go down

Life in Genaral Empty How refreshing!

Post by Inkflo Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:31 pm

STINKY1207 wrote:Saturday night there was a birthday party in the Salle de Fete opposite us. Lots of teenagers turning up or being dropped off. Two boys, probably 15/16 years old spotted me working in the courtyard, came over, introduced themselves and said they realised the Salle de Fete was quite close to our house and so would keep the noise down as much as possible. About 50 teenagers turned up for the party.
In the morning ther was no litter, broken glass or disgusting bodily deposits through overindulgence. That afternoon the same two boys returned and hoped we had not been inconvenienced.
I rather think the situation might have been a little different back home.
How nice of them to take the trouble to speak to you. Wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone had such consideration. sunny 
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:36 pm

Shame as a neighbour you were not invited ,whatever the age Laughing 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content