Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rellies Have Gone

+3
simmo
Izzyedwards
STINKY1207
7 posters

Go down

The Rellies Have Gone Empty The Rellies Have Gone

Post by STINKY1207 Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:08 pm

Timescale.
Feb 2013. 27 yr old daughter living in England announces work has granted her a three month sabbatical. She will arrive April 19 and wishes to see France. I tell her start in Brittany. Senior Management deletes my e-mail.
My parents are booked to arrive mid June for 9 weeks and do so. Whilst Dad wishes to help, I feel I cannot expect my 81 yr old Dad to help with the roof repairs so I suggest the drainage ditches. Senior management explains that I mean drain the wine supplies.
In the meantime there are various aspects of work that I cannot do and so we have some very nice workmen in at weekends to complete these tasks.
My Mammy likes them and talks to them a lot. They are therefore here quite a few weekends.
Daughter finds to her horror that April and May are cold and wet, so is unable to do any work, arising around 11am each day. I comment on her sleeping habits but Senior management assures me that our Daughter was not asleep, merely resting, awaiting breakfast.
Daughter then find the subsequent heat wave quite debilitating and so is unable......................
Senior management assures me that she is merely gathering the wherewithal to cope with her oncoming tasks.
Daughters friend arrives for a five day visit, five days before Daughters return to UK.
The hinges on the fridge door are completely worn through and Intermarche have provided me with staff to push the three shopping trollies.
Daughter returned to UK early August.
Subsequent emails from friends tell us how lucky we were to have her here to rebuild our house.
Parents returned to UK Friday.
Senior management threatens the same if next year is a repeat.
I loved having them really, even if my patience and wallet are now both thinner than my greying hair.
How were your Rellies?Very Happy 

STINKY1207

Back to top Go down

The Rellies Have Gone Empty Re: The Rellies Have Gone

Post by Izzyedwards Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:26 pm

You must have the patience of Job! I can last about 72 hours with my relatives (parents, sister etc). All lovely but in small doses. Any longer and various -icides would be committed!

Izzyedwards

http://Www.izzysumbrella.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:44 am

Hi Stinky 1207
God don't you just love the Rellies!. At least you can change friends.
Mine flew from Manchester to Touloues, well they were supposed to but missed the flight. So friendly jet 2 put them on a flight to Nice. They arrived in Nice at 8pm and then drove via hire car up to the Correze arriving at 4am. I must admit it was nice to see them but it was the most tiring holiday i have ever had and i didn't go anywhere
Simmo in the quiet and peacefull Correze. (Now all the rellies have gone.)

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Both my sisters decided to arrive at the end of the season, end of August and beginning of September. I told them I would be worn out by the end of August, because of work on a campsite, running our B & B, feeding the neighbour every day, working as an aide à domicile and doing the veggie plot, but they did not mind, they said. They would help...

Lovely to see them of course, but it means that I now need another two weeks to recuperate and catch up on sleep, which I will do as they have both left now Sleep . Don't you love them!
Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Sounds almost as good as A  YEAR IN PROVENCE ,with John Thaw and friends Rolling Eyes 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by noodles Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:21 pm

"they did not mind, they said. They would help..." If only I had a euro for every time I have heard that from visitors that have left us drained!
noodles
noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzyedwards Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:45 pm

We had this the first couple of years we lived in Scotland. It WILL NOT be happening again once we move to France in October!!!

Izzyedwards

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:17 pm

Izzyedwards wrote:We had this the first couple of years we lived in Scotland. It WILL NOT be happening again once we move to France in October!!!
Good on you Razz Razz Razz  And how are you going to achieve this: Suspect  ??? I am sure all of us would love to hear...
Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:32 am

.....we bought a house with one large bedroom just for us!............seriously, we did. The grenier had been converted into a fantastically large space with a bathroom in one of the L-shaped corners (if you see what I mean.) That's partly why we think our house didn't sell before we came along because there was no spare room. However, we bought the house with a view to making just one more bedroom for a spare/guests/etc. Having said all that we've got a "chalet" in the garden and when that's been tarted up it will be great to have people stay. They will be sufficiently far away from the house........don't I sound mean!
K
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:11 pm

Bet they are there at your back door for breakfast ,dinner ,and supper .not counting the bottles of wine they will drink Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes then they go back to the chalet:Shocked Twisted Evil 

Last edited by redburmese on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no emoticon)
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzyedwards Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi Myriam - to be fair we still have folk to stay in Scotland, but have restricted it to our very good friends and family, who are easy company and good guests. I learned, after two years of providing free holidays to all and sundry, to say NO to anyone who didn't fit that criteria and invited themselves to stay !!
THis time I mean to start as I mean to go on. THis will be helped by initially only having one bedroom, so anyone who wants to visit us will have to stay in the local auberge!

Izzyedwards

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:50 pm

@ Izzy: Glad that one works for you. It doesn't for us, as we ARE the local auberge Laughing ...

BTW: The link to your FB page does not work for me.
Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzyedwards Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi Myriam-ahhh yes, I can see how being the local auberge would put an end to that cunning plan!
Thanks for the heads up on my FB page-I'll get that fixed. Smile

Izzyedwards

Back to top Go down

Post by STINKY1207 Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:01 pm

And so it goes on.
Our lovely Daughter ( who as you will remember, recently returned to Blighty), has just informed us that that lovely man from Ryan Air has just sold her a ticket to Limoges for £17.00.
This is in October which coincides with her mums birthday. This also means I will pay for two presents, as that lovely man with the tickets will have cleared our Daughter out.
I take it Izzy that from your last post you have come up with a Cunning Plan to dissuade relatives from visiting.
If not I am hoping for realistic/totally unrealistic deterrent excuses to defend ourselves from The Rellies.
Lack of room space won't work, and they have already found out that the Correze is not in Belgium.
Stinky.

STINKY1207

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:21 pm

Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzyedwards Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Oh dear, I seem to have set myself up for a fall here! You'll all be reminding me of this conversation the first time I'm on here moaning that someone's outstayed their welcome!

Stinky - ahhh, but she's your wee girl, you can't really refuse her Wink Especially as she's already bought the ticket...

Izzyedwards

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down