Marmite, HP Sauce, T bags, malt vinegar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marmite, HP Sauce, T bags, malt vinegar

Post by BLAKEVINE on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:32 am

Just thought I would post a message as I went on a reccki to Argentat yesterday and in doing so found a few things in Super U which you might otherwise be ordering from UK. I appreciate that not everyone lives near Argentat, but, I found it interesting to note and could be useful to some. Prices in euros..

Marmite (med size) 4.03
Heinz baked beans 1.11
HP Sauce 2.28
Sarsons malt vin 1.46
Tabasco 2.55
T bags Yorkshire x 80 5.86
T bags Typhoo x 80 4.21

They even had Carrs Water biscuits but I forgot to write down the price.....
K
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Re: Marmite, HP Sauce, T bags, malt vinegar

Post by Amber on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:38 pm

It's not always a problem getting the bits you miss - it's paying the price of them in France that hurts! Shocked 

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkflo on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:58 am

I agree Amber, but we don't crave those things much any more.
We seem to have replaced them with the French stuff, and to be honest, I buy my Typhoo tea bags in those 1100 at a time bags & I prefer those big tins of French baked beans in tomato sauce for under a euro. Not so much salt & sugar in them. Handy for those who do like them though.
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi Inkflo
Simmo here, by any chance have you a brand name for these French Bakebeans and names of outlets
Simmo in a very wet Correze,Its sling another log on the fire time.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:43 pm

Must admit i have tried the french baked beans [not a patch on heinz ]even with a bit of worcester added they are flourery and eughhh most things i buy french but things like baked beans ,sausages [dont get me started ]BOVRIL ,Bisto powder [mum allways used ]its just the certain items you need ,i do buy most things french but Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkflo on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:52 pm

simmo wrote:Hi Inkflo
Simmo here, by any chance have you a brand name for these French Baked beans and names of outlets
Simmo in a very wet Correze,Its sling another log on the fire time.
Hi Simmo
I use the haricots en sauce tomate from Leclerc, I think they are called Notre Jardin, and other supermarkets sell them. I add a squeeze of ketchup and that's all.
I don't like Heinz or Crosse & Blackwell beans as they are really full of salt and sugar, and our English
friends and family have also expressed a preference for the French ones now.
Over the years we have been in France, I have to say that our tastes have changed, and now, the UK foods all seem so processed and full of stuff we don't need or care for.
I know it's all a matter of taste, and if you really want them to taste like the UK ones, just add a teaspoon of sugar and salt
and a dash of malt vinegar.
Good luck.
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:30 pm

As you say Inkflo ,everyone to thier own taste ,if anyone is interested Lidl when [which is not often dont think they like the english ,jokeing Rolling Eyes ]have an English day the Hatherwoods range is very good best baked beans i have tasted ,pickle and english mustard ,and all purchased in france Laughing Laughing 
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:04 pm

Neither of us like baked beans at all, but we get friends to bring tea bags from the UK as my OH drinks so much tea I wouldn't be able to afford the French prices! They also bring HP sauce (yuk), glace cherries, Bisto and Branston Pickle!

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum