Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EDF tariffs

+5
very19
Spitfire48
Frenchfancy
noodles
peirol
9 posters

Go down

EDF tariffs Empty EDF tariffs

Post by peirol Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:48 pm

We've just had the annual meter reading by EDF, and as usual it is more than we hoped - in fact astronomical after the long, cold spring! As our house is all electric, apart from a wood-burning fire, EDF originally suggested that we should go onto the tariff where you get cheaper electricity at night (for water heating, washing machine etc), but slightly more expensive power during the daytime. However, looking at the bills I see that we use much more day-time electricity than we use at night, so I am wondering if this tariff is the wrong one for us. Does anyone know of a website, or any other way, that I can feed in our usage figures and find out the most beneficial tariff?

peirol

Back to top Go down

EDF tariffs Empty Re: EDF tariffs

Post by noodles Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Do you mean the tafiff where you get red days? If so

You might be able to have a play with this to give you an idea? http://www.rvq.fr/php/edf.php

You can get red day info from here http://particuliers.edf.com/gestion-de-mon-contrat/options-tempo-et-ejp/option-tempo/l-historique-52426.html
noodles
noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by peirol Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Thanks noodles, that's really helpful. We're actually on the "tarif bleu + heures creuses" and I think the reckoner you suggested allows me to calculate using that, so I'll give it a go.

peirol

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchfancy Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:51 pm

If your on heure s creuses, then you are already on the cheap rate at night option, is your water heater set up to only come on at this time? And do you put your washing machine and dishwasher on at night. To benefit from this tariff?

Frenchfancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire48 Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:43 pm

We have heures creuse also. Find it not too expensive as we use dishwasher, washing machine and water heater overnight. Also get 2 hours at lunchtime also reduced rate so main meal cooking at lunchtime and also gives you the opportunity to do extra washing or dish washing during the day.
We have storage heaters so they also heat overnight and get a boost for 2 hours at lunchtime too. They are available here in France .

Spitfire48

Back to top Go down

Post by very19 Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:43 pm

You would have better gain isolate the house, if possible.
the more energy efficient is one we do not spend Very Happy 
very19
very19

http://www.gothicelixir.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by peirol Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Many thanks to all those who responded to my plea with helpful ideas and advice. I can thoroughly recommend the website given in the link by noodles, which enabled me to easily calculate that I could save about €300 a year by moving to the red/white/blue days tariff.

peirol

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:26 pm

We've been having some electrical work done by our local French leckky and I did learn a few things from him when we had our ballon d'eau chaud moved from our bedroom (who would put it there I ask myself) to the cave. As it all had to be disconnected and a new lot of wiring installed I wondered how it would reset itself to get the cheaper hot water at night etc (we are also on plein and creuse). I did learn that in your main fuse box there is a fuse which says jour/nuit and it has 3 positions; if the tiny switch is in position 1 then it is on all the time; in the middle is auto and at the bottom is "O" for off. Basically, if the switch is in Auto then it will click in when the cheap rate comes on and you can literally hear a click when it does it. The mystery is that according to our EDF tariff, the cheap rate (creuse) is from 22h30 to 06h00 and yet I can hear it click at lunchtime...........this is something I need to investigate in case we are missing out on the cheap lunchtime slot (although I think we would be paying more if we also had this option). K
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:26 pm

our cheap rate is 1.30 in the morning till 7.30  and 3 till 5 in the afternoon ,when i do all the cooking and use the oven [earlydinners Laughing ]
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by peirol Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:54 pm

Hi Redburmese.
is this from EDF or another supplier? As far as I know, EDF only do cheap rates starting from 10.00 or 10.30 pm for 8 hours.

peirol

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi ,yes edf but it did come with the house ,which i think now unless you allready have it you can only get the night reduced rate ,but check with edf its worth haveing what ever times you can get ,you may be eating your dinner at three in the morning Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by edmoraz Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:11 pm

tarif bleu + heures creuses, I have just checked our bill, we are on tarif bleu but not heures creuses, having said that I havent got a clue where to look can anyone help, also if im not on it how do i get on it without the dreaded phone call.

edmoraz

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi Folks
Simmo here
We have been here eight years and have the old EDF cheap rate like spitfire 48 and our control settings are as blakevine's. You can not get this old contract now with the mid-day cheap rate, our french friends said to keep this contract because its one of the best. Our storage heaters charge up at night and washing and cleaning is done between 1230hrs-1430hrs. We are also on a nine Kw supply rather than six Kw we had when we arrived,which use to trip our supply when you had to many appliances running at the same time.So as they say Jobs a good'en and our annual bill is around 1000 euro's for heating,lighting,electric oven,washing machine,dryer, fridge/freezer and all the other bits and bob's we have and use. Dish washing is by yours truly and we pay our bill by standing order over ten months.
Logs for the fire are off the estate saving 600euro's a year and the work getting the wood i am told by the love of my life keep's me fit.
Simmo in the Correze.admiring his wood store and handy work.

PS We only use the Dryer as a last resort,as we dry our washing for most of the year on a line in the polytunnel in between the veg boarders.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum