Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's for dinner tonight?

+16
Spitfire48
twointheeye
STINKY1207
BLAKEVINE
very19
Frankie
er indoors
redburmese
Richard T
Izzyedwards
Myriam
Escapee
Inkflo
Tony H
Tofu_Lover
Le-Dolly
20 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

What's for dinner tonight? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's for dinner tonight?

Post by Irena Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:04 am

Last night we had clams in a tomato sauce with fetuccine (not hand made Embarassed ). Claims were not like the ones we're used to in UK and came out a bit tough. Will have to try again to see if it can be improved.

Irena
Admin

https://limousin.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:42 pm

I won a loin of pork (turned out to be a loin and another big bit) in the local Lotto and it has been sitting in our freezer taking up space. So, I decided to invite some friends round and we had.......a kir in the garden before coming back inside for an entrée of smoked mackerel paté with side salad and pitta. The Plat was the pork which I had in the oven for hours (and one of our guests sliced it up) with apples and onions which gave a lovely caramelised accompaniment along with apple sauce and onion gravy. Green beans, carrots and mini yorkshire puddings (yes I know they go with beef...) went with the pork. The cheese board was St Nectaire, Cantal, Super Lioran, Laguiole and Chevre de Poitou and we retreated to the garden for mini trifles served with coffee and chocs. A selection of wines flowed thoughout. Not bad I thought, seeing as neither of us eat meat.. ...... 6 hours later everyone went home!
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:12 pm

......oh, and I forgot to say roast Amandine spuds which we grew.....I even bought duck fat to roast them in........they were scrummy!
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:02 pm

....Aligot, baked beans (tarted up haricots blancs à la tomate) and mushrooms cooked in the oven with crushed garlic, sprinked with sea salt..........my kind of comfort dinner.
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7