Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a good carrosserie with stoving facility

2 posters

Go down

Need a good carrosserie with stoving facility Empty Need a good carrosserie with stoving facility

Post by Inkflo Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:56 pm

We need to get our camper bonnet stripped and re-sprayed.
As it gets a lot of road damage, we need a recommendation for someone
who will do a thorough job and has the facility to stove it.
It's been done once, but the paint has started to peel, so if anyone can recommend
a place, that would be helpful.
Haute Vienne area.
Replies by pm please in line with forum etiquette.
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Need a good carrosserie with stoving facility Empty Re: Need a good carrosserie with stoving facility

Post by Amber Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:24 pm

I mentioned this to my husband who was a panel beater (carrossier) for 40+ years, including working over here, and he wasn't sure what you meant by 'stoving' the bonnet as that is a term usually reserved for enamel work i.e. kettles and cookers. If you mean re-spraying, using an oven to bake dry the paint, then all paint shops have one these days and he said the standard of paint spraying he has come across over here is very high, so any local carrosserie should be able to help you.

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Need a good carrosserie with stoving facility Empty Paint spraying

Post by Inkflo Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:05 am

Amber wrote:I mentioned this to my husband who was a panel beater (carrossier) for 40+ years, including working over here, and he wasn't sure what you meant by 'stoving' the bonnet as that is a term usually reserved for enamel work i.e. kettles and cookers. If you mean re-spraying, using an oven to bake dry the paint, then all paint shops have one these days and he said the standard of paint spraying he has come across over here is very high, so any local carrosserie should be able to help you.
Thanks Amber, that's exactly the information I needed.
I did mean oven baked, and it's good to know that the standard is high.
We have a local carrosserie, so I'll pop down and see them.
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Need a good carrosserie with stoving facility Empty Re: Need a good carrosserie with stoving facility

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down