Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ryan air Flights Brive Stansted April 2014

4 posters

Go down

New Ryan air Flights Brive Stansted April 2014 Empty New Ryan air Flights Brive Stansted April 2014

Post by noodles Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:08 am

Three years after it opened, Brive airport finally has a flight someone might want to use lol! 

http://www.lepopulaire.fr/limousin/actualite/departement/correze/2013/11/22/ryanair-ouvre-une-ligne-brive-londres_1773258.html
noodles
noodles

Back to top Go down

New Ryan air Flights Brive Stansted April 2014 Empty Re: New Ryan air Flights Brive Stansted April 2014

Post by DC Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:27 am

To be fair to CityJet the flights are almost always pretty full, and they are far more comfortable than Ryan Air. They also land right in London, not miles away. Anyway good news to have a choice, and with Ryan Air's new clearer website we will be able to compare prices more easily.

DC

Back to top Go down

New Ryan air Flights Brive Stansted April 2014 Empty Re: New Ryan air Flights Brive Stansted April 2014

Post by DC Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:38 am

Nothing on the Brive airport site, but Ryan Air site confirms start on 2 April, although unable to book at the moment and no idea of frequency.

DC

Back to top Go down

Post by Tofu_Lover Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:47 am

noodles wrote:Three years after it opened, Brive airport finally has a flight someone might want to use
I've been extremely happy using Air France/City Jet out of Brive. Only once a year, admittedly, but dead easy; fly into London City, get the rental car, straight up the M11 to Norfolk. (Yes, straight past the absolute nightmare that is Stansted...) If you book far enough in advance, the prices aren't too outrageous, and the flight experience is way, way better than anything Mr O'Leary can provide.

T_L

Last edited by Tofu_Lover on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Tofu_Lover
Tofu_Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Tofu_Lover Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:53 am

DC wrote:Nothing on the Brive airport site, but Ryan Air site confirms start on 2 April, although unable to book at the moment and no idea of frequency.
Just had a look at the Ryan Air website: hypothetical flight in June, days available, and bookable. So flights available Wednesdays and Saturdays - could have booked a return for the two of us for €200 for dates we might conceivably want next year. No idea if other days of the week will become available.

T_L
Tofu_Lover
Tofu_Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:03 pm

Tofu_Lover wrote:
noodles wrote:Three years after it opened, Brive airport finally has a flight someone might want to use
I've been extremely happy using Air France/City Jet out of Brive. Only once a year, admittedly, but dead easy; fly into London City, get the rental car, straight up the M11 to Norfolk. (Yes, straight past the absolute nightmare that is Stansted...) If you book far enough in advance, the prices aren't too outrageous, and the flight experience is way, way better than anything Mr O'Leary can provide.

T_L
But by the time you get out of London you can be well up the M.11 if you fly into Stansted can't you? My husband flew over to visit his mother the other day and got the coach from Stansted to Norwich - it now goes through Cambrige on the way!Rolling Eyes

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Tofu_Lover Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Amber wrote:But by the time you get out of London you can be well up the M.11 if you fly into Stansted can't you?
'Out of London' from City Airport is really quick (unless you land at Friday night going home time...). I reckon to be out of the airport, in my rental car, and on the M11 (i.e. clear of London) pretty much within an hour of touching down. At Stansted, I'd still be in the queue for the car...

Anyway, I guess it's all preferences, isn't it? I like small airports, so Brive and London City suit me fine.

As for coach travel in the UK, it seems to have got far worse over the last few years. Loads of routes cut, and prices soaring. Way to run a country.
Tofu_Lover
Tofu_Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down