Look out for dodgy calendar sellers.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Look out for dodgy calendar sellers.

Post by noodles on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:15 am

Early this morning, our dogs raised the alarm and we discovered a somewhat frail looking scruffy older lady trying to enter our conservatory door.  I  restrained said pooches inside whilst Will investigated.  She then attemted to sell us a calendar the type that are giving away in abundance at this time of year. She has quite a stock in a tatty shopping bag and was extremely persistent, but as the dogs got more agitated she finally left.  Now we are all used to the pompiers, local football teams etc calling at this time of year this lady was certainly not from any of the usual suspects.  She got in a car and "they" (there was obviously a driver in waiting) drove away very quickly, we could not see the car because of the hedge. Our gates are now firmly locked, we usually only do this at night.

I was then having a browse of the news websites this morning and came across this
http://www.lepopulaire.fr/limousin/actualite/departement/haute-vienne/2013/11/25/vol-par-ruse-faux-vendeurs-de-calendriers-a-limoges_1777543.html

Keep your eyes out guys, as I know we always make the pompiers, foot teams etc. welcome so it would have be an easy mistake to make to let them in.
noodles

Back to top Go down

Dodgy callers

Post by Inkflo on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Thanks for this, I bet a lot of people would have just assumed they were genuine.
The best thing to do is

Back to top Go down

Re: Look out for dodgy calendar sellers.

Post by noodles on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:35 pm

I am not sure I have explained it as well as I should have. The lady was somewhat pushy and trying to push past Will to gain access to the property. It is difficult to explain the situation but it was a little distressing and weird to say the least. I don't know if they were trying to flog fake calendars, case the joint, or what, but it really was very odd, and in the light of the article, was something I wanted to draw attention to. Had I got the number of the vehicle I would have been calling the police, it was that kind of incident
, but without it I did not want to waste their time
noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkflo on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Sounds horrible. No wonder it made you feel uneasy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum