Feeling a bit emotional................................

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feeling a bit emotional................................

Post by BLAKEVINE on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:46 pm

So, I know we have only been here six months, but, what a joy. Each day brings with it challenges which we did not foresee, however, I am living with my husband in a fabulous stone house in the midst of acres of (manageable) land with two dogs whom adore their new life and each day gets better. The week before Christmas our garden looked like a workers' yard with vans from the kitchen fitters, plumber, electrician and man building us a slab for the new abri du jardin. However, amongst all this chaos we still managed to enjoy decorating our house on christmas eve with holly and mistletoe from our garden and a sapin de noel which we borrowed.............Christmas day was relatively relaxing (once we had found our pots and something to cook in and drink out of...) aided by the fact that the builder had managed to get us set up with UK tv. Oysters, champagne flowed and we ate at our leisure. We had a phone call from an elderly french lady whom I befriended a couple of years' ago and I managed to speak with her for 15 minutes using my bestist french and getting to grips with her local accent. This gave me the courage to ring one of our French neighbours who has migrated to their Paris apartement for the festive season. Who would have thought I would have been doing that six months' ago. All in all, I cannot believe all this is happening and at some point I think I might wake up. I'm now looking forward to our commune's repas in January. I really think I might write a book...................

La belle vie ah !
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Re: Feeling a bit emotional................................

Post by Amber on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:42 pm

Know where you are coming from. We've been here 12 years now and I can remember that feeling during the first year or so that every day is a holiday dream.

Enjoy yourselves, take time to "smell the roses" as that's (probably) why you came to France, and every time you manage to converse in French count it as a small step of progress.

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowser_23 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:56 pm

I'm with you Blakey much the same situation just a year ahead so downstairs now all sorted and we've stopped the builders (who we love) to spend time on why we retired here - dogs have now been joined by 7 female ducks on the lake and 2 roosters (brothers saved from the pot) with hens to come - it's a total delight despite being controlled by two incompetent governments - one taxing me and the other dashing this way and that looking a bit clueless - oh well I guess that will never change - roll on the gardening and getting going on the veggie plot year 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum