Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Retirement lark.

4 posters

Go down

This Retirement lark. Empty This Retirement lark.

Post by simmo Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi Folks
I'm having trouble with the other half, She just can not get use to the idea that we are retired and thinks we need to be doing something 24/7. Me i'm into the glass of wine mode and watching the sunset and the urgent task will have to wait till tomorrow. At the moment i catch my self coming backwards completing all the tasks she has set for me.Mind you i love her to bits and just do my best to please her.
Simmo in the Correze

simmo

Back to top Go down

This Retirement lark. Empty Re: This Retirement lark.

Post by Tony H Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:33 pm

My view is to keep busy and don't get bored, but it is important to take time out relax, socialize with friends and enjoy life... just need to get the balance right.
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

Post by peirol Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:10 pm

I can't speak highly enough of retirement! After 35 years of work, being at the beck and call of everyone, I wake up every morning and think how lucky I am to be able to choose what I do all day. My father died aged 59 and never reached the retirement he had so looked forward to, so I had always vowed that I would take early retirement if possible, and I'm so glad I did. It is wonderful just to have the time to sit and think or indulge in a good book. A nasty brush with illness a couple of years ago has made me even more appreciative of being here to enjoy every day - especially in this fabulous weather. Who cares if the garden needs to be watered - there's plenty of time to do it during the long warm evenings, and after the last 6 months Limousin surely cannot be short of water (yet!).

peirol

Back to top Go down

Post by Tradzoner Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:07 pm

I do not like "retirement".

I still get up early and hate not having something to do. I do keep myself very busy but I miss the routine of work; even though I get my hubbie organised for work every day.

Health problems are one of the most frustrating things about reaching those mature years. The sheer frustration of not being able to do all the work in the garden in one hit, only lasting till 3am instead of 5am (altho still manage it on the odd occasion when the ambiance is right Razz )

Its just as well I live here as I really could die of boredom in the UK. bounce
Tradzoner
Tradzoner

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Good god Tradzoner can you reconfirm those times,are you sure you ment 3am and 5am, Jesus and here's me thinking i was hard done by!.
Simmo in the Correze.

Last edited by simmo on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tradzoner Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:23 am

Simmo, yes, the times are right.

The dances I go to start around 9pm but most dancers arrive around 11pm or so, then we dance till basically the music stops. Sometimes the main groups finish and they will have a "boeuf" more commonly known in UK terms as jam session. Shocked 

Generally I have between 45 mins and 1h30 to drive home afterwards. Hubbie generally sleeps on the way back. Sleep 

I actually agree with hubbie that this is an addiction as I scour the traditional dance sites to find out where the Bals are for every weekend.
Tradzoner
Tradzoner

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:18 am

Sorry tradzoner
I must have lost the plot ( seems to be an age thing) i thought you ment you had hubbie gardening at 3am to 5am in the morning!. Silly me i will go and have me tablets.
Simmo in the Correze

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tradzoner Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:40 am

Laughing   Simmo. I am gardening myself around 6am or 7am at the moment as its the best time to do it without melting.

Hubbie never has time to do any gardening, he is out at work pretty much 7 days a week. I just get him to do the repairs once I have blown the mower up bom
Tradzoner
Tradzoner

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:25 pm

wow Tradzoner
you mean to say you have hubbie working seven days a week and then dancing the nights away. Any spare time and he's repairing the broken garden mower.
You be carefull you don't wear him out, by the sound of it he needs a shady tree to sit under and a few glasses of the red wine now and then.
Simmo in the Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum