Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are You Slurping?

4 posters

Go down

Are You Slurping? Empty Are You Slurping?

Post by Amber Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:34 pm

We are! With all the rain we are slurping around in mud; as the part of our land where the house and garden are is mainly a clay soil everything is very sodden. My poor donkeys have grown webbed feet I think, but as I can't see their hooves in the mud I'm only surmising!

Then to top it off it had the nerve to start snowing this morning - wet flakes of course - but flakes non the less, what a cheek as if we haven't got enough to cope with!  Mad Rolling Eyes 

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Are You Slurping? Empty Re: Are You Slurping?

Post by STINKY1207 Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:07 pm

Yes I am, and it is a rather good Merlot.
Laying off the Scrabble tiles for obvious reasons. Very Happy 

STINKY1207

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi Folks
Well the better half and i were slurping last nigh in our local, we had a big meal and plenty of merlot and i must say the big V night went very well . As regards slurping around in the mud,we did that in the afternoon planting our wet land plants by the stream at the bottom of the estate. Yellow flags and other bog land Iris have joined our plant collection.
Simmo in a very wet high Correze. (althought not as wet and flooded as the UK).

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:03 pm

Yes the UK is bad ,but i have been watching french news ,and the north west has had this wet and high wind for 3 months and still have it ,the pictures of these poor people with thier homes flooded with 3 feet of water and looks like more to come for them ,and Britain too ,!!!bring on the merlot think we may need it  Shocked Shocked 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:32 am

Hi Folks
Don't you just love these folks who love to live by the sea or river and then wonder why they get flooded when the weathers bad. Me I always check the ord survey maps when buying a home to see that i am at least 25mtrs ASL.
Best place of course is a sheltered spot on a hill with a south facing garden. over 500 mtrs with no chance of land slips or water run off on to the property.
But hey these days who among our educated masses even know what an ord survey map is or can even read one, they are all to busy with keeping upwith the jones or thinking about the new interior decorations,or if they are in that must have school catchment area.
Of course some people do not even have the grey matter to check that they can get flood insurance on a property in a low lying area before they flash the cash.
Simmo with dry feet on a sheltered south facing hill in the High Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum