Is The Forum On It's Knees ?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Is The Forum On It's Knees ?

Post by redburmese on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Dont think my post was not worth saying as we in the creuse had snow today and thought people may want to know the threat of it ,and i have to say a post is a post but if you do not want to read it then dont ,but at the end of the day i for one am allways interested in any post and a forum is a forum and the whole point is conection news and information ,wether its your bag or not  Shocked 
avatar
redburmese

Posts : 281
Join date : 2013-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Is The Forum On It's Knees ?

Post by Tradzoner on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:49 pm

This made me smile  I stopped using forums because I found them very, very boring with people who do very, very little with their lives and seem to mix mostly with other Brits. The only reason I came on here today was because I received a notification for a post months and months ago.

People who integrate rarely use forums because they are too busy doing other things. I don't need confrontational posts but would have loved informative ones which never seemed to arrive. Sorry but I am not interested in what you had for dinner last night etc. There is a wealth of beautiful places and people in the region and so many seem to sit on the internet all day. AND if anyone tells me about another poxy fish and chips night somewhere I will scream. Sorry I do not miss and have never liked fish and chips, so why does someone want to eat them so much here!

There is also a lot of misinformation given on certain artisanal subjects by people who profess to be experts who in fact are not. So there there you go; that is my twopennies worth and I will disappear again in to the beyond to enjoy my life in France.

Incidentally for those who miss an Indian apparently one is opening in Argenton sur Creuse in June. I just hope it will be better quality than the rest.

Au revoir.
avatar
Tradzoner

Posts : 82
Join date : 2013-07-11
Location : North Creuse

Back to top Go down

Re: Is The Forum On It's Knees ?

Post by Myriam on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:18 pm

Tradzoner wrote:
People who integrate rarely use forums because they are too busy doing other things.

Au revoir.

@Tradzoner,

This forum (and the one it migrated from) has always been a very positive forum in my humble opinion, so not much confrontational stuff but mostly posts that might help others.

I feel I should respond to your saying that people who integrate rarely use forums. I think the majority of people on this forum are quite well integrated or are in the process of doing so. For example, we have two newly elected local councillors amongst us, which I find is quite an achievement. I think of myself as quite integrated in local life, being chosen vice president of our local association, helping the elderly in the village, working and organising local cinema evenings and exchange markets for plants, seeds, local produce and so forth.

So I disagree that people who are integrated into French life do not use a forum for English speakers. And, by the way, English is not my native language, still I do find the forum very interesting: sometimes I can be of help to someone and sometimes I learn something new or have a meaningful discussion.

Hopefully you will change your mind and find out that the forum can provide a positive input for people in the Limousin, whether they are already integrated or willing to do so.

Bonne soirée!
avatar
Myriam

Posts : 273
Join date : 2013-07-10
Age : 59
Location : South Corrèze (19), near Argentat

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is The Forum On It's Knees ?

Post by tocyvi on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Tradzoner wrote:This made me smile  I stopped using forums because I found them very, very boring with people who do very, very little with their lives and seem to mix mostly with other Brits. The only reason I came on here today was because I received a notification for a post months and months ago.

I don’t quite understand how you know that people who use forums spend most of their time with other Brits. I use forums and spend my time with French, Dutch and British people and I certainly don’t lead a boring life.

Tradzoner wrote:People who integrate rarely use forums because they are too busy doing other things.

For someone who spends very little time on forums, you are remarkably well-informed about how posters spend their time. I certainly don’t spend my time trawling forums; it takes about 5 minutes to knock out a reply.

Tradzoner wrote: I don't need confrontational posts

As I remember, this was one of your last posts: “I left the UK because I did not recognise it anymore. I remember when Park Lane London was a nice place, now it is full of Roms dossing on the street and crapping in the streets at night. That is fact.” I would suggest that you were pretty confrontational yourself. You will no doubt be delighted with Le Pen’s recent election successes.

Tradzoner wrote:Sorry I do not miss and have never liked fish and chips, so why does someone want to eat them so much here!

What you’re suggesting is that because you don’t like fish and chips, it is incomprehensible that anyone else would want to eat them. A strange and rather self-centric logic, I would suggest.

The real problem with your post, however, Tradzoner, is the underlying suggestion that you are somewhat more integrated than the rest of us and that you get more out of French life than anyone else. Personally, I have found my colleagues on here to be very pro-French life and a long way removed from the British ghetto-like places you seem to think they inhabit.
avatar
tocyvi

Posts : 361
Join date : 2013-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Is The Forum On It's Knees ?

Post by Myriam on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:06 pm

Where's the "Like" button? Spot on Tocyvi, couldn't have said it as well as you have.
avatar
Myriam

Posts : 273
Join date : 2013-07-10
Age : 59
Location : South Corrèze (19), near Argentat

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is The Forum On It's Knees ?

Post by Tony H on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Tradzoner wrote:This made me smile  I stopped using forums because I found them very, very boring with people who do very, very little with their lives and seem to mix mostly with other Brits. The only reason I came on here today was because I received a notification for a post months and months ago.

People who integrate rarely use forums because they are too busy doing other things. I don't need confrontational posts but would have loved informative ones which never seemed to arrive. Sorry but I am not interested in what you had for dinner last night etc. There is a wealth of beautiful places and people in the region and so many seem to sit on the internet all day. AND if anyone tells me about another poxy fish and chips night somewhere I will scream. Sorry I do not miss and have never liked fish and chips, so why does someone want to eat them so much here!

There is also a lot of misinformation given on certain artisanal subjects by people who profess to be experts who in fact are not. So there there you go; that is my twopennies worth and I will disappear again in to the beyond to enjoy my life in France.

Incidentally for those who miss an Indian apparently one is opening in Argenton sur Creuse in June. I just hope it will be better quality than the rest.

Au revoir.

Quite a strange post from someone who made 80+ posts in 4 months ... presumably you made a sudden integration.

As for me.. I use the forum because I find it friendly and I have no english people living near me.  I belong to two english/french activity associations., get on well with all my french neighbours and enjoy my french life. It doesn't mean I have to cut off all contact with english speaking people.

Seems it is Ok for you to say you like Indian food but denigrate those who prefer fish & chips.

My two-penneth
avatar
Tony H

Posts : 197
Join date : 2013-07-09
Location : near St. Goussaud, 23

Back to top Go down

Re: Is The Forum On It's Knees ?

Post by Inkflo on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:46 pm

I'm with Tony on this.
Forum's are so useful for new expats. It's important for some people to know where to find a particular product, or when shops are open, French etiquette, what's on etc. These are the things that they need to know for daily life. We all like different things, and we all have a choice with our internet browsing.
I happen to never mix with any British, not by design, but I have a very busy life in a French commune inhabited by mostly French people. I never have enough hours in my day, and there's a world of places I would like to visit, and many that I have visited. I found the forums a really helpful place when I arrived in France many years ago, and I hope I can give a little of that back to other people. It's not a lot to ask, just to pop in and out of the discussions now & then. We're not experts, but sometimes, a little friendly advice goes a long way, and a bit of banter never hurt anyone.
I appreciate that not everyone likes the topics on a forum, and if I ever feel that way, I will just stop logging on.

avatar
Inkflo

Posts : 409
Join date : 2013-07-10
Location : Haute Vienne, Limousin, France

Back to top Go down

Re: Is The Forum On It's Knees ?

Post by peirol on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:01 pm

While we're on the subject of integration, and who we mix with, if anyone's interested I have just put a post about fluency on the language section of the forum.

peirol

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Is The Forum On It's Knees ?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum