ski-ing Le Mont Dore

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ski-ing Le Mont Dore

Post by BLAKEVINE on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:29 am

Buying our house in the Correze has meant that we can hop in the car with all our stuff and go off ski-ing for the day. If you haven't tried the local slopes yet then you are missing a treat. We have been a couple of times recently and yesterday was a "blue sky" day necessitating factor 40 suncream on my nose and chin. Le Mont Dore has had some 3mtrs of snow and it is absolutely fabulous. Before I arrived I thought it was a few piddly pistes and an old chair lift, but, imagine my surprise to find two Telepherique (although they only seem to run one at a time). So, yesterday we took the cable car up to the top and took advantage of ski-ing down the whole mountain - go on, get out there and see for yourself.........you know you want to.......K.
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Re: ski-ing Le Mont Dore

Post by pogo on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi.
Just got back from a day skiing there. Wow, it was hot, wish ide taken a light coat and gloves!!
Have you skied over the top to super besse? Its better skiing there, but dont forget to get the last lift back over to Mont Dore, or youll be paying for a taxi to drive you back. Laughing
Pogo

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:07 pm

Hi Pogo - we've not been over the top yet but plan to do so soon.....may be when the kids have gone back to school....from the piste map it says the last ride back over the top is 16h00 so will try and avoid taxi......got caught out once before in Italy and do not plan to get caught out again as it really takes the edge of a good day's ski-ing! K.
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by pogo on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:05 pm

A friend and I went 'over the top' a few years ago, and headed for the last lift back with about 1/2 hour to spare, not wanting to cut it too fine. When we saw the queue, we were worried, but they kept the lift going way past the closing time to get everyone over. I plan to go on Wednesday, the snow may be a bit slushy, but if this weather carries on, it will be the last time this season.
Pogo

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:33 pm

So, taking advantage of the recent dump of snow and no kids (as they don't break up until tomorrow) we headed off to Mont Dore for our first trip this year. Glad we had winter tyres.........as it was just like ploughing your way up through those windy roads of the Alpes. The snow was awesome and it wasn't difficult to find powder although we had difficulty finding it at one point as the visibility dropped. Anyhow, it was great and with a vin chaud after a couple of hours I was glowing in the knowledge that we can just pop off and ski, just like going to the shops. How lucky are we I thought....
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum