Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Déshabillez-vous!

4 posters

Go down

Déshabillez-vous! Empty Déshabillez-vous!

Post by peirol Tue May 06, 2014 5:08 pm

OK, now I've got your attention - does anyone know what you are expected to do when you go to the doctor and he says "déshabillez-vous"?  I know that the French tend to be much more laid back than we Brits about taking their clothes off - maybe it's the warmer weather! In England I would normally just take off the clothes which are around the area to be looked at, but then in France you don't just get 8 minutes, you get a full half hour and the doctor gives you a thorough check-up. So does he expect you to take everything off? I tend to strip down to my underwear unless I am there for something which obviously requires more, but although he never says anything, I always worry that he is thinking that I am an uptight Brit. No wonder my blood pressure is always so high by the time he takes it.....

peirol

Back to top Go down

Déshabillez-vous! Empty Re: Déshabillez-vous!

Post by Myriam Tue May 06, 2014 10:39 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

If he would think you're an uptight Brit, he wouldn't give you half an hour of his time I think and no, you are not supposed to further than the underwear level normally.

The GP we have until I find a decent one allows for 5-10 minutes, including the time to write out a cheque, so I think you are very lucky to have a doctor who does a thorough check-up each time and takes time for his patients.
Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Escapee Wed May 07, 2014 6:59 am

Hope that your earache gets better soon Peirol !!!!!!!
 Embarassed Embarassed
Escapee
Escapee

Back to top Go down

Post by very19 Thu May 08, 2014 9:02 pm

peirol wrote:OK, now I've got your attention - does anyone know what you are expected to do when you go to the doctor and he says "déshabillez-vous"?  ...

It means take off clothes except underwear.  If necessary more, for a badly placed problem Embarassed , don't worry, the doctor will ask you or will pull down your underpants himself for example  Laughing  That's my experience of french man.
very19
very19

http://www.gothicelixir.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Fri May 09, 2014 12:02 pm

very19 wrote: That's my experience of french man.

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

As long as they don't do it in public!
Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum