Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New consumer rights in France

3 posters

Go down

New consumer rights in France Empty New consumer rights in France

Post by Inkflo Fri May 30, 2014 2:15 pm

Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

New consumer rights in France Empty Re: New consumer rights in France

Post by Amber Sat May 31, 2014 12:16 pm

There's some interesting reading in all that  Smile 

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:01 am

The introduction of the law is one thing; the application in reality is another. There are already laws in existence protecting purchasers from unscrupulous traders but that doesn't stop them from denying clients their legal rights. About a year ago, I purchased some shoes from an outlet in La Souterraine. When I got home, I realised there was a sizeable chunk missing from the sole. When I returned to the shop to change them, they didn't have another pair and denied me the right to a refund or a credit note. They "kindly" explained that it was not the owner's policy to do this. I equally kindly explained that I didn't give a stuff about the owner's policy and that it was my right. In the event, another branch had the same shoe, but I was left thinking that I would have been put to a lot of trouble had the situation not been resolved in this manner.

In fact I knew the answer; a few years ago, I purchased a fridge/freezer from a national company near Limoges. I refused the first one that was delivered because it was, quite literally, dropped off the back of the delivery van. The second one worked for about 3 months and decided it had done sufficient service to mankind and went on permanent strike. It took 6 months of phone calls, personal visits, pleading letters and threatening letters before they finally agreed to replace it.

The story about the bottle of raspberries in white wine purchased from a supermarket in La Soute that was a whole year out of date, will have to wait for another time!

I like life in France, but, generally speaking, I find the after-sales service to be appalling. On a more positive note, Que Choisir is very helpful and tend to get results. I recommend them if you're having problems.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down