Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The future of Limoges airport

2 posters

Go down

The future of Limoges airport Empty The future of Limoges airport

Post by tocyvi Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:32 pm

There is an article in this month's edition of The Bugle, which suggests that the future of Limoges airport may be in doubt:

"The uncertainty over Limoges Bellegarde's future comes from the unwillingness of local partners to finance the loss-making airport - it traded with a €3 million deficit in 2014 - and forthcoming changes to the administrative map of France"

Source: www.thebugle.eu/

You can read the full article in the current edition, but I have to say that it would be a devastating blow to many of us if it did close.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

The future of Limoges airport Empty Re: The future of Limoges airport

Post by Amber Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:10 pm

How accurate are reports in The Bugle usually? I only ask as articles in The Connection have been found to be flawed.

I'm surprised that Limoges airport is such a loss maker; whatever day or time I go up there it seems busy, and not just regarding the flight I'm meeting or departing on. Luckily for us the new Brive airport is about the same distance away.

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Amber wrote:How accurate are reports in The Bugle usually?

Hi Amber, the Bugle is repeating something that was reported elsewhere. My neighbour mentioned it to me a couple of weeks ago and he had heard it on TV, so I would be most surprised if it's local tittle-tattle from the bar in the Dog 'n Duck.

Amber wrote:I'm surprised that Limoges airport is such a loss maker; whatever day or time I go up there it seems busy, and not just regarding the flight I'm meeting or departing on. Luckily for us the new Brive airport is about the same distance away.

I agree that the airport is busy when you go there i.e. when a flight is due in or out, but when you look at the arrivals & departures board, there are huge gaps. Presumably, the people who work there are paid to sit and look out of the window during these times. I went to the airport not so long ago and it wasn't to board or meet; the place was like a morgue. The overheads of the airport must be huge and I wouldn't think for a moment that they get much money from Ryanair which is its principle client.

tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Yes, I thought as I wrote my reply that it's obviously going to be busy when flights are in or out! It's a shame more can't be done to encourage other internal flights, but Hop and Air France insist on being so expensive that it negates any sensible way of travelling. France is a big enough country with plenty of European neighbours that air travel between cities should be more commonplace.

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down