Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controlling flys

4 posters

Go down

Controlling flys Empty Re: Controlling flys

Post by redburmese Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:46 pm

It didnot work for me !perhaps my coins were too cheap .
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkflo Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:48 am

My sister has found the best fly killer ever. It's a plastic pouch with a one way entry point, but the liquid that goes in the base attracts an unbelievable amount of flies.  Hers is half full after just a month, and she can now sit outside, eat, drink, etc in complete comfort and without the fly horror of previous summers. The only tip is to hang it away from the house as the liquid inside it is not very nice smelling, except to flies!
Found them on E Bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-RED-DROSOPHILA-FLY-TRAP-CATCHER-THE-ULTIMATE-FLYCATCHER-INSECT-KILLER-BUG-/301688489008?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item463e090430
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:19 pm

Tried this Irena ,did not work for me ,they just sneered at it and still buzzed around !!
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Higgy Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:29 pm

For wasps use a jam jar with some left in half fill with water and hang it from a nearby bush/tree it gets rid of loads, not too close to you though. Lol

Will try your tip, thanks

Higgy

Back to top Go down

Controlling flys Empty Controlling flys

Post by Irena Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:55 am

I have read about this idea and haven't tried it yet. Maybe will have a go tomorrow and will post photo and results.

Fill a clear jar (or even a plastic bag) with water. Add some cents or pennies (any 'brown' coins) to the bottom of the jar/bag. Hang it in the doorway, window, from the parasol on the patio above the table etc. Apparently the light reflects of the coins in the water and flys who have mutliple eyes think there's a swarm ahead and will divert.

If it works it's a great idea, cheap and can even be made to look quite pretty.

Irena
Admin

https://limousin.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum