Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ethernet Adaptors

2 posters

Go down

Ethernet Adaptors Empty Ethernet Adaptors

Post by STINKY1207 Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Has anybody used ethernet adaptors to boost their wifi reception. I know the signal from your router then runs from adaptor to adaptor via the electric wiring circuit. I have seen on tech advice that they only work with ringmains, as in UK wiring, but don't know if that is correct or not. Has anybody bought/used them here with French wiring circuits? AND are they as good as the ads say? Cheers, Stinky.

STINKY1207

Back to top Go down

Ethernet Adaptors Empty Re: Ethernet Adaptors

Post by Le-Dolly Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:44 pm

STINKY1207 wrote:Has anybody used ethernet adaptors to boost their wifi reception. I know the signal from your router then runs from adaptor to adaptor via the electric wiring circuit. I have seen on tech advice that they only work with ringmains, as in UK wiring, but don't know if that is correct or not. Has anybody bought/used them here with French wiring circuits? AND are they as good as the ads say? Cheers, Stinky.

Well that's BS, they are readily available in France and well supported by many companies, including Orange (don't know if that is a good thing or bad). I have just fitted some in a clients house and he is on three phase radial circuits. Whilst it worked perfectly well, I did fit a phase pairing device, and it now runs even better, but under normal circumstances it is ideal if you can keep the devices on one phase only. Some will tell you not to fit them because they have a habit, allegedly, of interfering with Ham radio enthusiasts output.
Le-Dolly
Le-Dolly

http://www.pink-electrique.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by STINKY1207 Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:02 am

Thankyou LD, they are on my next shopping list. Is there a translation for ethernet adaptor in French? Thanks again for quick reply. Stinky.

STINKY1207

Back to top Go down

Post by Le-Dolly Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:42 am

STINKY1207 wrote:Thankyou LD, they are on my next shopping list. Is there a translation for ethernet adaptor in French? Thanks again for quick reply. Stinky.

They are called CPL's (Courant Porteur en Ligne) in France. Here's a load to be going on with: http://www.pixmania.fr/informatique/reseau-sans-fil/courant-porteur-en-ligne-cpl-1805-s.html
Le-Dolly
Le-Dolly

http://www.pink-electrique.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum