malt vinegar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

malt vinegar

Post by BLAKEVINE on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Where do you get malt vinegar from please? There is no supermarket around here that sells it; the closest I came was the Super U in Argentat who used to have the Sarsons 250ml bottles on the "foreign" shelf, but, alas, that shelf has disappeared. I thought may be the Carrefour, junction 35(?) on the A20 might sell it- please let me know if it does. Alternatively, we could have a day out and go down to Dordogneshire and see if we could get it there. I've looked at web sites such as the British Corner Shop, but, their markup is a rip-off. I've successfully brought back Harveys Bristol Cream in my suitcase from Angleterre, but, I'm not willing to risk vinegar!!!
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Re: malt vinegar

Post by Amber on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:43 pm

I've noticed Super U in Uzerche have also cut right back on their 'Foreign' foods, not just English but Dutch too. I can't help with the malt vinegar; I also think the various 'British' shops are a terrible rip off - I don't know if Amazon UK would have it or what the postage would be.

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:39 pm

We don't have chips very often, but, when we do, I do like malt vinegar on them.....Amazon UK do sell it, but, at a price, plus shipping. Amazon France don't appear to sell anything like it - I had read that "vinaigre d'alcool" is supposed to be the nearest thing you can buy in France, but, I've no idea if that's right or not. Will buy some and see what it's like.

BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Le-Dolly on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:43 pm

BLAKEVINE wrote:We don't have chips very often, but, when we do, I do like malt vinegar on them.....Amazon UK do sell it, but, at a price, plus shipping.  Amazon France don't appear to sell anything like it - I had read that "vinaigre d'alcool" is supposed to be the nearest thing you can buy in France, but, I've no idea if that's right or not.  Will buy some and see what it's like.  

I use vinaigre d'alcool as a stand in for malt v, it is not the same, obviously, but it does well enough. Is not as though it is expensive, so nothing ventured, nothing gained.

www.pink-electrique.fr
Le-Dolly

http://www.pink-electrique.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:59 pm

thank you for replying; it's now on my shopping list...
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE on Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:55 am

Vinaigre d'alcool works for me. I agree it's not the same and the taste is different, but, it's as good as....glad I've discovered it. thank you.
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Le-Dolly on Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:57 am

Glad to be of assistance.

www.pink-electrique.fr
Le-Dolly

http://www.pink-electrique.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content