Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ban on genetically modified corn rejected by French court

+3
noodles
Tradzoner
Irena
7 posters

Go down

Ban on genetically modified corn rejected by French court Empty Ban on genetically modified corn rejected by French court

Post by Irena Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:33 am

A top French court on Thursday rejected a ban on a type of genetically modified corn produced by US agrochemical giant Monsanto, saying a prohibition is only allowed if the corn "poses a major risk". France banned MON810 corn in March 2012.

http://www.france24.com/en/20130801-french-court-rejects-ban-monsanto-gm-corn-mon810?ns_campaign=editorial&ns_source=FB&ns_mchannel=reseaux_sociaux&ns_fee=0&ns_linkname=20130801_french_court_rejects_ban_monsanto_gm

Irena
Admin

https://limousin.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Ban on genetically modified corn rejected by French court Empty Re: Ban on genetically modified corn rejected by French court

Post by Tradzoner Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:07 pm

I find this extremely bad news. Monsanto is a terrible powerful company that seems to have a lot of people in their pockets. Maybe they paid the judge a lot of money!!

There are some very interesting videos on You Tube about Monsanto and GM products and their unscrupulous methods. It is very worrying.
Tradzoner
Tradzoner

Back to top Go down

Ban on genetically modified corn rejected by French court Empty Re: Ban on genetically modified corn rejected by French court

Post by noodles Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:04 pm

For me, not bad news, absolutely terrifying, it is like the banks but worse, no one will realise the consequences until it goes bang Sad 
noodles
noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by jarvis Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:35 pm

get Sherlock holmes on the case
if not luther
jarvis
jarvis

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:47 pm

I was against GM crops........until I saw the burger made in a lab on the news last night affraid 

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Tradzoner Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:54 pm

lol! 
Amber wrote:I was against GM crops........until I saw the burger made in a lab on the news last night affraid 

lol! I thought it looked disgusting, just like a fatty bit of meat. Makes you wonder what people will be eating in the futureor even if they will know what they are eating!
Tradzoner
Tradzoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony H Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:25 pm

I thought with recent decisions in Europe that Monsanto were getting beat, but it seems they are fighting back. Apart from the fact that GM food just seem wrong it really annoys (polite version) me that they trade on the 'feeding the hungry' when in fact it is all about making money. Try googling some of their tactics, such as sueing (and winning) a farmer whose crop had been contaminated by neighboring GM corn, for growing it without a license etc. when he complained.

To me it does pose 'a major risk' and I try and avoid it at all cost. Who know what the effects may be in years to come.
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

Post by Tradzoner Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Tony H wrote:To me it does pose 'a major risk' and I try and avoid it at all cost. Who know what the effects may be in years to come.

110% agree Tony.

Their tactics are definitely Big Brother like to say the very least.
Tradzoner
Tradzoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Read in the Montagne of last weekend that François Hollande has put a stop on the judge's decision, so the ban stays in tact, ie. MON810 will not be allowed to be grown in France.

http://www.bfmtv.com/politique/ogm-hollande-annonce-prolongation-moratoire-mon810-573628.html
Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum