Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improvements in service from Ryanair!

+4
Tony H
tocyvi
BLAKEVINE
noodles
8 posters

Go down

Improvements in service from Ryanair! Empty Improvements in service from Ryanair!

Post by noodles Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:26 am

http://www.connexionfrance.com/Ryanair-fees-baggage-customer-boarding-complaints-15163-view-article.html

Changes will be rolled out over the next six months with improvements to the website on November 1 to get rid of the “Recaptcha” security code and a 24-hour grace period for customers to “correct any minor errors (i.e. spelling, names, routings)” made in their original booking.

The same day Ryanair will operate “quiet flights” before 8.00 and after 21.00 with no public announcements other than for safety reasons.

From December 1, Ryanair will allow passengers to bring a second small carry-on bag (small ladies handbag or small airport shopping bag) no bigger than 35 x 20 x 20cm, which will allow a bottle of wine or equivalent to be carried.

It will also cut the boarding card reissue fee from €70 to €15 for customers who have already checked in online. Customers who fail to check-in online will continue to pay a €70 airport check-in fee.

Baggage fees will also be cut from €60 to €30 at the bag drop desk, and from €60 to €50 at the boarding gate – this, the company said, was to “bring them into line with competitor airline standard airport bag fees”. - See more at: http://www.connexionfrance.com/Ryanair-fees-baggage-customer-boarding-complaints-15163-view-article.html#sthash.ShYCJtNC.dpuf
noodles
noodles

Back to top Go down

Improvements in service from Ryanair! Empty Re: Improvements in service from Ryanair!

Post by BLAKEVINE Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:17 pm

This reminds me that we still haven't had our latest copy of Connexion. ......Thank goodness common sense at last prevails. How many times have I had to stop, put my handbag in my carry-on case, only to get it out again once through check-in. What a waste of time, so, finally they have decided that too many of us are cluttering up the bit after checkin as we all grapple in our cases to get our handbags out! The security code thing is also a bit of a pain as it often asks for it again if you try and do a different "search". Thanks for this, Noodles. Long live Ryanair!!! K.
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Improvements in service from Ryanair! Empty Re: Improvements in service from Ryanair!

Post by tocyvi Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:36 pm

I realise that Michael O'Leary is a bit of a hate figure in certain quarters but I have to say that I quite like the bloke. I always get the impression that he has his tongue in his cheek and that he would actually be a good laugh to have at the dinner table. For all the venom hurled his way, it has to be said that his flights are cheap, nearly always on time and get me to where I want to be. I don't need anything fancy in short-haul travel and I am not in the least concerned that I only get a small amount of legroom (to say that I'm not the tallest man in the world would be an understatement). As Blakevine said "Long live Ryanair".
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony H Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:25 pm

I can never fully understand the Ryanair haters. The prices are Ok and if you only have hand luggage and print your boarding pass you don't get ripped off. I can live with a small seat and no refreshments for a couple of hours.

My daughter visits several times a year and an average £100 for a return trip, it is a bargain.

The recent changes will go a long way to eradicating the 'rules are rules' annoyance.
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:36 pm

One of the most common complaints is "all the add-ons I have to pay for". The odd thing is that if Ryanair incorporated all these add-ons into the fare, people wouldn't complain, because it's still way cheaper than the alternatives. On the occasions I drive over (eg births, weddings and funerals), it costs me a good amount of cash - diesel, road tolls, tunnel/ferry charges, Dartford Tunnel, arguments with my wife & subsequent present.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkflo Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:35 am

I remember when it used to cost over £300 each to fly anywhere in Europe for a holiday.
I don't think a lot of younger people realise how much the costs have come down over the years.
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzyedwards Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:44 am

I can't comment on Ryanair service from France, but my husband used them to commute weekly from Scotland to London for 7 years. I can count the number of times they were late on the fingers of one hand. He said it was just like getting the bus. A bus, not a luxury limo, but when we were paying an average of £40 for a return flight what do you expect?

Izzyedwards

http://Www.izzysumbrella.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:43 pm

I have no complains about Ryanair. I had to return to the U.K. to work for a couple of years about 10 years ago and it was only due to Ryanair's cheap fares (in those days as low as £1 each way!) that I could return once every 4 or 6 weeks to see my husband for a long weekend. Even now they are cheaper than many train fares - I'm going to the U.K. at the beginning of December for 40€ return, it costs nearly that much for a one way ticket into London from Stansted (Luckily I'm going the other way on a coach!)

I agree with you, Tocyvi, I think Michael O'Leary would be a great dinner guest.

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:50 pm

We've just booked a slightly complicated trip from Limoges via Liverpool to Dublin and return with Ryanair for a Heineken cup rugby game (yes it was worth it) and all for 140 euros. It's in December so I'm looking forward to not having to put my handbag in my case!!! K.
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Irena Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:48 pm

I am so happy to see I am not the only Ryanair lover/Michael O'Leary supporter on this forum. I sometimes feel like a pariaha when I speak out in their defence and people shout me down. My answer is "no one's forcing you to fly with them, if you don't like them don't book the flight".

Irena
Admin

https://limousin.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down