Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The weather

4 posters

Go down

The weather Empty The weather

Post by tocyvi Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:45 am

According to Meteo, it's due to be 15 deg tomorrow. For once, Meteo is not entirely off the wall regarding its predictions; it's been hovering around 12, 13 & 14 for a few days now.

Cast your minds back, however, to the winter of 2 years ago, when we witnessed an extended period of -15 (and more) and the juxtaposition becomes still more bizarre. That's a massive 30 deg difference of temperature.

We shouldn't be surprised; scientists have been saying for some years now that we will witness increasingly aberrant weather patterns and such has been the case. The biggest mistake was to call this phenomenon "global warming" because that gave the deniers the opportunity to smirk and scoff whenever the thermometer fell below 0 deg. That is why "climate change" is a far better term and more adequately describes the extremes of weather patterns that we have witnessed in recent times.

Over the years, the arguments have blown back and forth but most authorities now accept that climate change is happening; not all agree on the causes, however. That, at least, is a step forward. It wasn't that long ago that the more immovable of scientists denied that anything had altered. It remains to be seen how long it will take before the world has a concerted opinion on the reason(s) and, more importantly, what it intends to do about it.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

The weather Empty Re: The weather

Post by Inkflo Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:44 pm

I have to tell you, my friend who works at the post office, ( I call her Marie Meteo) tells me that in two weeks time, the awful weather that the US are now experiencing will arrive here.
She is rarely wrong in her forecasting. The weather Scared-and-sweating-smiley-emoticon
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:01 am

Inkflo wrote:..... in two weeks time, the awful weather that the US are now experiencing will arrive here.

I won't complain; I love the snow and long may it reign (not rain!!). I'll be dragged out by the dragoons by Amber for saying so, but a seasonal sprinkling of white stuff (at least 2 foot) is lovely.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by twointheeye Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:47 am

The 10 day forecast is predicting some neige by the 17th, so that supports your post office predictor.
We don't mind the cold and snow as long as the electric doesn't go off again for 5 days as it did a few years ago!

twointheeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:59 pm

tocyvi wrote:
Inkflo wrote:..... in two weeks time, the awful weather that the US are now experiencing will arrive here.

I won't complain; I love the snow and long may it reign (not rain!!). I'll be dragged out by the dragoons by Amber for saying so, but a seasonal sprinkling of white stuff (at least 2 foot) is lovely.

You are getting to know me too well Tocyvi! I don't mind the snow at all - I just find it bloomin' hard work pushing wheelbarrows of hay/straw around in it, especially when it gets slushy  Mad 

The weather R067

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Amber wrote:I just find it bloomin' hard work pushing wheelbarrows of hay/straw around in it, especially when it gets slushy

Hi Amber. It's just a suggestion and only a half-serious one - could you not devise a system whereby the donkeys pull a sledge?
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:51 am

I started having donkey driving lessons last year so that I can make more use of my 'field ornaments' and it is not as far fetched as you might think that they can be made use of. The man who teaches me uses his donkeys for all sorts of work, ploughing and harrowing fields, carrying loads on back packs etc as well as pleasure driving/trekking. Maybe by next winter....  Smile 

Amber

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:42 pm

For anybody who is still up and awake, there is a fantastic halo around the moon tonight. It looks really impressive but unfortunately, this is a portent of wet weather to come.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:54 pm

Yes, it rained during the night here.

Amber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content