Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just what are those Corréziens really like?

+3
lady of leisure
simmo
Le-Dolly
7 posters

Go down

Just what are those Corréziens really like? Empty Just what are those Corréziens really like?

Post by Le-Dolly Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:37 pm

'Neo-Nazi' singer Vikernes in French terror arrest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23327165
Le-Dolly
Le-Dolly

http://www.pink-electrique.fr

Back to top Go down

Just what are those Corréziens really like? Empty The Mind Boggles!.

Post by simmo Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi folks
Is it only me or is the world going stir crazy?.
Simmo in the Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Just what are those Corréziens really like? Empty Re: Just what are those Corréziens really like?

Post by lady of leisure Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:06 pm

There are some sick people out there:
lady of leisure
lady of leisure

Back to top Go down

Just what are those Corréziens really like? Empty Re: Just what are those Corréziens really like?

Post by Tradzoner Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:52 pm

I originally put it down to age but now I am not so sure. Is it because the press gets to print this stuff more now or what?

I seem to be losing faith with the human race. Each day there is something horrific that you come across. There are extremists everywhere it seems.

Tradzoner
Tradzoner

Back to top Go down

Just what are those Corréziens really like? Empty A french woman walks into a gun shop!.

Post by simmo Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Yep this fella's wife walks into a gun shop with a permit and tries to purchase four high powered rifles.
Q1 Who gave her a permit to buy four high powered rifles?.
Q2 how can anyone in there right mind think the alarm bells will not start ringing in the gun shop when they try and buy four high powered rifles,after all you can only fire one at once.
Yep the worlds gone completely barking mad.
Simmo in the Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowser_23 Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:14 pm

Tradzoner wrote:I originally put it down to age but now I am not so sure. Is it because the press gets to print this stuff more now or what?

I seem to be losing faith with the human race. Each day there is something horrific that you come across. There are extremists everywhere it seems.

It's not just us, many youngsters feel the same.

It's why we are here, well for me it is - try and shut some of it out when you can
Bowser_23
Bowser_23

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:46 pm

The easier it is to buy a weapon, the more people get killed. It's quite simple. People who buy a weapon are prepared to pull the trigger.
Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Just what are those Corréziens really like? Empty Guns

Post by Tradzoner Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:56 am

Myriam wrote:The easier it is to buy a weapon, the more people get killed. It's quite simple. People who buy a weapon are prepared to pull the trigger.
Sorry Myriam but I don't agree entirely on that. My husband belongs to a gun club here. There has never, in the history of the club, been anyone injured either on the club site or off.

To get his membership was simple but he does have to have a doctor's certificate, as with all sports here. One hopes that a doctor will know a person's mental health record.

You don't buy a gun for it to sit on a shelf, of course, you pull the trigger, but it depends on what the targets are.

However I think all this pales in to insignificance with the worrying development of 3D printers and their low cost.
Tradzoner
Tradzoner

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:20 am

As has been said many times before, guns don't kill people, people do.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:53 am

Yep Tocyvi
Thats the theory, but if weapons where only for the security forces then no one would be able to get hold of them to shoot anyone. As all weapons in the case of the armed forces are kept in armouries under lock and key,As is the ammo which is also kept under lock and key in a seperate secure area.
After many years in the army handling all sort of weapons and using them, you soon get tired of drawing weapons out of the armouries and ammo out of stores. Once used they have to be cleaned,inspected and returned to the armouries and ammo accounted for, right down to the last round.On military operations you also soon get tired of sleeping, eating, and going to the toilet with your rifle/pistol etc. I always found it was usually saddos and wanabees, who had not got the bottle to join the forces and living in a rambo dream world, who were into guns as they call them.
I keep well clear of civvie nutters with weapons as they are an accident waiting to happen.
Simmo in the Correze The wild west of France.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:02 am

simmo wrote:Yep Tocyvi Thats the theory,
No, Simmo. That’s not just theory. It doesn’t matter which situation you look at, it’s people who use guns and it’s people who kill people.

simmo wrote: if weapons where only for the security forces then no one would be able to get hold of them to shoot anyone.
I suggest you look around the world. If you do, you would not have such naïve and trusting faith in security forces. There are plenty of countries whose security forces are no more than brutalising thugs, whose sole role is to impose the wishes of their dictatorial masters.

simmo wrote:I keep well clear of civvie nutters with weapons as they are an accident waiting to happen.
There are “nutters” wherever you go. Don’t be fooled into thinking that a forces uniform magically transforms a mixed-up dangerous radical into a clear-thinking responsible balanced individual. You clearly haven’t looked at history – do so and you will rapidly come to the conclusion that it is not the “civvie nutters” you need to worry about, it’s the “nutters” in uniform.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:35 pm

tocyvi wrote:
There are “nutters” wherever you go. Don’t be fooled into thinking that a forces uniform magically transforms a mixed-up dangerous radical into a clear-thinking responsible balanced individual. You clearly haven’t looked at history – do so and you will rapidly come to the conclusion that it is not the “civvie nutters” you need to worry about, it’s the “nutters” in uniform.
Helas, but true.
Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:18 am

Yep Myriam
Thats very true, the secret is being able to know the difference between the good guys in uniform and the bad guys in uniform.
When I was in the forces gadding around the world anyone even in uniform raping,killing,looting,terrorising civilians,mistreating enemy combatants or shooting at me was always classed as a bad guy.I always had a spare round up the spout for anyone like that.
Simmo in the Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:52 am

simmo wrote:Thats very true, the secret is being able to know the difference between the good guys in uniform and the bad guys in uniform.
When I was in the forces …….. anyone even in uniform raping,killing,looting,terrorising civilians,mistreating enemy combatants or shooting at me was always classed as a bad guy.I always had a spare round up the spout for anyone like that.
So are you saying that your answer to people looting, terrorising civilians or mistreating enemy combatants is the summary justice administered by the gun (which may well be treated as a war crime in itself)?

Presumably, you would have had “one up the spout” for the allied forces who have been involved in war atrocities, which are well documented.

It’s very apparent that if there is a “secret [in] being able to know the difference between the good guys in uniform and the bad guys in uniform” you are not party to it.

tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:37 am

Yep
Summery justice for looters,rapist,murderers,people shooting at the security forces in an operations zone/war zone wether in uniform  or not has always been a bullet by return of post.Even on our streets in the UK If a state of emergancy is declared and power is handed over to the forces. You could or would be libel to be shot for the above offences.
Welcome to the real world a harsh but legal one. As looters and some of the above in america found out during the LA riots.
Simmo in a wet Correze

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:36 pm

simmo wrote: Summery justice for looters,rapist,murderers,people shooting at the security forces in an operations zone/war zone wether in uniform  or not has always been a bullet by return of post……. As looters and some of the above in america found out during the LA riots.
I really think you need to get a grip on reality and stop using such Ramboesque language. If you take the trouble to look at the 1992 LA riots, these started because of people in uniform (ie the police) beating an African-American man. Despite their obvious guilt (the episode was filmed), the courts failed to uphold the law and it was this that led to the riots.

“In total, 53 people were killed during the riots and over two thousand people were injured.

After the riots subsided significant actions were undertaken in the Los Angeles Police Department including the retrial of the police officers involved, increasing minority officers in the police department, analyzing excessive force, resignation of the police chief, loss of support for the Mayor of Los Angeles, and analyzing the general political and economic atmosphere that contributed to the riots.”

Source: Wikipedia

In other words, it was precisely those people in uniform who were responsible for starting the riots.

I repeat what I said earlier: it is not the “civvie nutters” you need to worry about, it’s the “nutters” in uniform and your example of the LA riots is a perfect example of this.

I am not condoning the rioters in any way, shape or form but when people witness racist and flagrant abuse of the law, they will rise up. The answer is not to use the blunt weapon of the bullet but to address the issues at first hand……as the LA authorities recognised by their subsequent actions as witnessed above in the excerpt from Wiki.

simmo wrote:Welcome to the real world.
Welcome to the world of compassion, understanding and reason.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi again
no matter what part of this world you live in, be it right or wrong, you join a riot, loot,use weapons, attack security forces or other civilians for what ever reason in the real world your at the least going to get belted with a riot stick and possibly gassed then arrested.If you are really unlucky and you take the law into your own hands as some people belive that you can do ,you may just end up getting shot. Its a fact of life.I learned that as a young 17 year old soldier on riot duty in many parts of the world. especially If we caught anyone attacking civilians especially woman and children or old folk god help them military justice was swift and harsh we didn't both with courts who give a slap on the wrist type punishment.
Simmo retired to the Correze and supporting his local Gandarmes.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:22 pm

simmo wrote:If we caught anyone attacking civilians especially woman and children or old folk god help them military justice was swift and harsh we didn't both with courts who give a slap on the wrist type punishment.
I’m afraid you are wandering into a land of make-believe. What on earth makes you think that a swift form of military “justice” (presumably a bullet from your earlier remarks) is better than a considered, balanced and evidential based appearance in court?

Do you mean this sort of "swift and harsh" military justice:

"The My Lai Massacre was the Vietnam War mass murder of between 347 and 504 unarmed civilians in South Vietnam on March 16, 1968. It was committed by the U.S. Army soldiers from the Company C of the 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 11th Brigade of the 23rd (Americal) Infantry Division. Victims included women, men, children, and infants. Some of the women were gang-raped and their bodies mutilated. While 26 U.S. soldiers were initially charged with criminal offenses, only Second Lieutenant William Calley Jr., a platoon leader in C Company, was convicted. Found guilty of killing 22 villagers, he was originally given a life sentence, but only served three and a half years under house arrest."

Or perhaps, you’re referring to this splendid example of "swift and harsh" military justice:

"In 2004, the world was shocked when photos were released of American soldiers abusing Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib, a sprawling prison west of Baghdad which was notorious for its frequent torturing sessions and executions under Saddam Hussein, the New York Times reported.
The photos, which showed Iraqi detainees being beaten, abused and sexually assaulted, fuelled Arab and Muslim rage against the United States, and were used as a powerful tool to recruit insurgents in Iraq and elsewhere, according to the Times."

No? Well, how about this form of "swift and harsh" summary justice:

"On November 19, 2005, a group of US marines killed 24 unarmed men, women and children in the city of Haditha in Western Iraq. Staff Sgt. Frank Wuterich admitted to telling his men to “shoot first and ask questions later," and the massacre is believed to have been an act of revenge for an attack on an American convoy that killed a marine, according to the New York Times.

Sgt. Wuterich and eight of his marines were charged in connection with the incident on December 21, 2006, but six had their charges dropped and one was found not guilty. Sgt. Wuterich was also eventually found not guilty of voluntary manslaughter, CBS News reported."

Still not convinced? Here's one nearer to home:

"In 2006, Corporal Donald Payne was found guilty of the inhumane treatment of Baha Mousa, a 26-year-old hotel receptionist in Basra. Mousa was brutally beaten to death whilst in British custody on September 15, 2003. In 2007, Payne was jailed for just one year and expelled from the army. Six of his colleagues, including commanding officer Colonel Jorge Mendonca, were cleared of a number of serious charges relating to Mousa’s death."

The concept of military “justice” over-riding that of common law is, frankly, terrifying. You don’t have to be much of an historian to see what horrors can be perpetrated when the military are given free rein to dispense their own form of punishment.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, Simmo, but I can only read your comment in this way: you are placing yourself above the law, therefore you cannot have any respect for the system of the law. I find that quite disturbing, to say the least.
Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum