Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluegrass .

Go down

Bluegrass . Empty Bluegrass .

Post by Richard T Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:01 pm

This may be a long shot but....

I started to play the 5 string banjo last year. If you know about banjo playing then you'll understand when I say I play clawhammer/frailing style and mostly play "old time" American music. So not strictly bluegrass but closely linked. I came to banjo from the guitar thinking it would be a natural progression but I was wrong: it's a very different instrument so few of my guitar playing skills were useful when it came to learning the banjo.

I'm at the point now where I'd like to play banjo with other players who may share an interest in bluegrass/"old time" music so I am wondering if there's anyone out there who might like to meet up for a session or two to see how it goes. I'm thinking this would suit an acoustic guitar player, a fiddler or maybe an accordion or concertina player. You may not be into this style of music (yet) but musically speaking bluegrass and "old time" are usually quite simple and rarely call for more than 3 chords but it's a lively, happy style of music that gets your feet tapping. Bear in mind that I'm still a novice on banjo so I'm not necessarily looking for a virtuoso - just someone (or two) who'll give it a go.

I'm in the UK right now but I'll be in France from May onwards. When in France I'm based in 87 near to Nantiat. If you want more detail feel free to ask here or PM me.

Richard T

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum