Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visiting hours

5 posters

Go down

Visiting hours Empty Visiting hours

Post by STINKY1207 Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:59 pm

'tis that time of year again, when all back at home having had a long grey/wet winter, think....Aha France is nice , lets visit Stinky.
Trying to explain that we are quite capable of organising our own scabby weather falls on deaf uns.
Trying to explain our ongoing building works elicits such reponses as.. Don't worry, we'll look after ourselves, you won't even notice we are here.
Trying to explain that the restaurants are still closing before 2.30 pm (like last year etc), gets blank looks.
Trying to explain that we have moved to Belgium fails miserably.
Have a lovely summer. Stinky.
Oh and apparently when the visitors arrive they are my relatives, when they leave they are hers. Rolling Eyes 

STINKY1207

Back to top Go down

Visiting hours Empty Re: Visiting hours

Post by Myriam Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:15 pm

Just tell them about the vipers aspic??? Or the rats du jardin in the bedroom? Les souris? The cloches that sound all night long? The mad neighbour who has killed his wife?  affraid Suspect 
Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:37 pm

Just say "No, sorry, it's not convenient and we don't have the room" then watch their faces when they turn up and you show them that you really do not have the room - worked for us! Very Happy 

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:13 pm

Lucky you. If you have a B&B, they think there's always room in the inn for them and sometimes they try to claim our best room Evil or Very Mad ! I don't think so.
Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Fri May 09, 2014 8:09 pm

Just tell them about the plague of bluebottles beating themselves to death trying to get into any door or window this year ,never known this in the 5 years we have been in this cottage [flies yes but not bluebottles on this scale ]anyone else had this problem this year !!plus tell them the price of wine has risen to 15 euros a bottle and you will have to charge them [should put them off a bit ]
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Sat May 10, 2014 1:21 pm

No, fortunately we don't have a bluebottle problem here, Red. Maybe it's because of the mild winter we have had and perhaps you have cattle near your cottage?

As you may know by now, I am someone who speaks her mind and even if I do not respond straight away, people say they can read my facial expression quite clearly, so I do not have to make any excuses, I just say what I think, whether they like it or not. I have found it makes life a lot less complicated for everyone.
Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by twointheeye Mon May 12, 2014 12:14 pm

We've had a plague of those pesky bluebottles.....and yes, we have cattle all around here. Never happened before.

Few visitors come to chez Eye, we're unsociable AND boring. The irony is that we have a 'spare' cottage (came with the house!!), so if we had friends, or relatives we got on, with they'd have that to themselves!

twointheeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down