Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auberge au Quatre Saisons, Breuilaufa

2 posters

Go down

Auberge au Quatre Saisons, Breuilaufa Empty Re: Auberge au Quatre Saisons, Breuilaufa

Post by Irena Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:01 pm

Great, not too far from us. Will try it soon.

Irena
Admin

https://limousin.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Auberge au Quatre Saisons, Breuilaufa Empty Auberge au Quatre Saisons, Breuilaufa

Post by peirol Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:53 pm

I can thoroughly recommend this auberge as a rare example of traditional French cooking. This is the sort of pretty little restaurant with authentic home-cooked food in traditional surroundings (next to the church in an attractive small village), which we Brits dream about finding in France. The French obviously rate it too, because it is usually full of local tradesman by 12.30 each lunchtime. I would advise you to go with a BIG appetite as portions are generous and everything is wonderfully fresh, cooked to order. There is always a choice of at least 3 different main dishes, and if any of the main courses runs out they will cook an omelette instead if you wish. A big 4-course lunch, including a quarter bottle of wine, was around €15 last time I was there.

Breuilaufa is just off the N147, about 10 kilometers south of Bellac. There are signs to the auberge on the main road.

peirol

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum