Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interpreters

4 posters

Go down

Interpreters Empty Interpreters

Post by Wormwood Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:17 am

Hi all - can anyone recommend (presumably by pm) an interpreter (preferably Creuse based) for those odd interactions with officialdom where schoolboy French just will not do. Rolling Eyes

Cheers in anticipation

Wormwood

Wormwood

Back to top Go down

Interpreters Empty Re: Interpreters

Post by tocyvi Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi Wormwood
What type of "interactions with officialdom" are you talking about? Before engaging in the expense of an interpreter, post your questions on the forum and see if we can help. Things like re-registering a car etc are not that tricky and there are people here who will be happy to oblige (for free).

Even having the basic essentials, or schoolboy French as you call it, will help you through the initial difficulties. In my experience, those that come to live in France determining to make a go of it and, particularly, learn the language, are the ones who stay the course.

Good luck.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Wormwood Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:00 am

Hey tocyvi I was just attempting to cover all the bases I guess - and I didn't want to presume on peoples good nature by expecting help for free.

Probably have yet to get my head around the fact that the pace of life will be much slower and that problems can be foreseen, cogitated on and a suitable response part formulated in advance.

I hope (and fully expect) that my French will improve as things go on - even if that initially means just acquiring slang and learning how to swear under my breath. Embarassed

Wormwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:41 pm

Oh Wormwood, presume away - we are quite a nice and helpful bunch when you get to know us. Very Happy

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by very19 Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:22 pm

Imagine, even french we are, most of time, don't understand our officialdorn Crying or Very sad
So ... good luck!
very19
very19

http://www.gothicelixir.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:21 am

lol! You sound like every French friend we have Very19!

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum