Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic / interesting cars

+2
Irena
pogo
6 posters

Go down

Classic / interesting cars Empty Classic / interesting cars

Post by pogo Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:30 pm

I have to title this post that way, as my 2 cars cannot be classed as classics........yet.

I have a Jaguar XJ8, and an MGF. Chalk and cheese!

On the previous forum, an attempt was made to get owners together for a meeting, and maybe a run out somewhere. I am attempting to do that again, due to my friend badgering me to sort it out. He doesnt use the forums, or even computers, so it has been made my reponsibility.

Where I think things petered out before, with no meetings is that a date was never set. Soooooooooo, if anyone is interested, let me know what dates are good. I would guess Sundays would be most convenient for us poor working souls.

Come on you guys, the weathers good, no excuses, give me some dates and location to work with, and I will organise a time and place....promise!! Laughing 

Pogo

pogo

Back to top Go down

Classic / interesting cars Empty Re: Classic / interesting cars

Post by Irena Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:31 pm

As before, our car in nowhere near a classic - being a Toyota Landcruiser (our excuse it the large Newfoundland that inhabits the back of the car). However, if we're allowed to join in we're happy to bring up the rear, help in anyway etc. Let us know when any meets/drinks/lunches/picnics etc are planned and we're really happy to join in:D 

Irena
Admin

https://limousin.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pogo Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:53 am

Of course, the more the merrier, as long as you can put up with boring blokes discussing piston rings!! Laughing 

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkflo Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:00 pm

If you haven't been, there's a classic car restoration garage at Rochefoucauld, just before Angouleme.
It's called Palais de voitures and the two brothers have a lovely selection of vintage and classic cars to look at.
It's not a museum, but they don't mind people going in to look as long as they don't touch!
http://www.palais-automobile.com/
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Classic / interesting cars Empty Older Cars

Post by DC Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Down our way have a look at http://collec-auto.pagespro-orange.fr/ -on the road between Brive and Terrasson. Wife allows me to drive past slowly...

DC

Back to top Go down

Post by pogo Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Ive passed the garage on Roch...whatever:lol: several time on the way to the classic show in Angouleme. I had better not go in. I tend to impulse buy. Thats ok with a cheap MGF, but an e type........?

pogo

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:53 am

Hi folks
Yes it was me who tried to get things off the ground with a classic car meet and a run out on the old forum,but due to terrible spring weather and other commitments things fell by the wayside.
We did manage to get up to uzerche the other weekend for the classic car show and car parts market. We met up with Spitfire who lives south of us in the correze and has two classic and cars and Dennis a friend who came south from Dinsac up in 87 with his VW bettle.
We did not take the better halfs MG Midget as we had planned thank god as it was very hot and we were glad of the air con on our freelander. Also we were horrified to see the french children being allowed to clamber all over some lovely and fragile classic cars by the parents. The Grown ups despite the notices saying not to touch were just as bad as the children with spitfire having one of his classic cars damaged at a earlier gathering/meet.
However we would like to meet up with some like minded folk say somewhere in the centre of the limousin for a meet and lunch so no one has to far to travel with a drive to the meet meaning a two hour drive there and back for some folk that may constitute the spin out part of any get together. So folks we are still up for it,Although Sue is back in the UK from the 12-19 of August.So pogo
Ideas and meeting points and dates would be of great interest to Sue and i.
Simmo in the Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tradzoner Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:15 pm

Do you know of this group :

http://crk23.byethost3.com/

Creusekistan. I saw the resume of their recent rally which had lots of old interesting cars.
Tradzoner
Tradzoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down