Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hunting season

+5
redburmese
Amber
Jellybelly
Myriam
jarvis
9 posters

Go down

hunting season Empty hunting season

Post by jarvis Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:29 pm

So looking forward to next weekend great news and a few more hunters joining for the new season
jarvis
jarvis

Back to top Go down

hunting season Empty Re: hunting season

Post by Myriam Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Are you being serious?
Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jarvis Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Yes and why?
jarvis
jarvis

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Well, Jarvis, as for me, there are lots of reasons why one may not be pleased about the hunting season starting again. Must go now, but will enlighten you if you are interested, later or tomorrow.
Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellybelly Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:54 pm

I too HATE the hunting season!
Groups of men with guns & dogs everywhere on the weekends & chasing around in their vehicles. Tramping through fences & MY field where they're not wanted. No fun going for walks with the dog as I have to be careful where I go 'cos I don't wanna get shot nor do I want my dog to get shot. And the dog gets all stressy & pees up the sofa when he hears the hunting dogs (tho' he probably just wants to join them).

I can't understand why anyone enjoys shooting living creatures just for the fun of it.

I'm sure all the hunters out there can come up with stacks of reasons why it's necessary just like the Badger culling is supposed to be necessary in England.
Jellybelly
Jellybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:21 pm

We have lived in two different areas (in the Correze) now and I find La Chasse very different to the people you describe. I have no problem taking my dogs for a walk as I know when they are in the area and when they are not; surely you know if La Chasse are around you when you want to walk your dogs and can adjust things accordingly?

I sometimes wonder whether those that object to la Chasse are people who have previously lived in towns/cities in the U.K. and are not familiar with traditional country pursuits.

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellybelly Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Amber wrote: I sometimes wonder whether those that object to la Chasse are people who have previously lived in towns/cities in the U.K.  and are not familiar with traditional country pursuits.
Well I didn't live in a town or city in the UK & never have, I just don't agree with hunting full stop, even if it is a traditional country pursuit. But I'm not an activist or anything like that.

I suppose not all of 'La chasse' are inconsiderate but there's always an element who give them all a bad name. In our village even some of the locals have sent them off their land & threatened to call the Gendarmes so it's not just the towney Brits. There's been incidents of fences cut down in order to follow their 'prey' so it's no wonder farmers & land owners get angry. Some of La Chasse seem to think they can go where they like but like I said they're not all bad, until they shoot a poor little deer that is, then they're all bad, very, very bad. As for poor fluffy bunnies, well I suppose being shot is better than suffering from Myxomatosis.
Jellybelly
Jellybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 pm

Dont get me started on the chasse ,after my experiances of almost being shot in MY GARDEN by some nutter who had just done 12 years for murder and is still allowed to be a member of the chasse with a firearm [because he has CONNECTIONS !!!!]IN MY AREA IT IS THE WORST CHASSE I HAVE ENCOUNTED !!no respect for you or your property your animals or children ,if they stayed in the fields ect ,but they dont !!!as i said dont get me started Mad Mad 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:23 pm

First of all, I am not a towny and I am more against the behaviour of the hunters than against the hunt in general. The hunters here do not have a good name and for many reasons. They are a strange breed of men, who have no respect for nature or for any living creature that happenes to cross "their" path. And yes, I do generalise, because if there were any "respectful" hunters, why don't they make sure the rest of them don't follow normal rules of respect?

1. They throw their litter (bottles, etc.) everywhere. As soon as the hunting season starts, the litter arrives with them.

2. Just google "accidents de chasse" to see how disciplined they are with guns.

3. They think the whole world is theirs. They invade people's properties, fields with horses, donkeys, etc., break fencing...

4. The woods are not safe to stroll around when they are "hunting", even with orange fluorescent caps and jackets.

5. Their dogs are maltreated, underfed and if one goes missing in the woods, they cannot be bothered to look for them or, better, put the owner's mobile tel. number on their collar as a precaution. I have taken in and fed several hunting dogs and the owners usually punish the dogs when they eventually come to collect them. Usually you can count their ribs and they are starving. If the dog goes missing in the woods, it's not a good dog in their opinion and often they are abandoned.

6. My friend, who has horses on her grounds and a notice saying hunters are not allowed to hunt on her terrain, was shot at just outside her front door.

7. After the (liquid) lunch, things get completely out of hand. Hunters aim their riffle across the street with cars passing, it's like a war zone. And of course, most of these hunting accidents happen after the lunch. Most of them would have their driving licences taken away with the amount of alcohol in their blood, but if you want to shoot something that moves, there's no limit in the amount of alcohol you can drink.

8. Actually, a scientific study concludes that the pleasure hunters get from the "controlled victim" aggression is caused by a DNA disorder: http://dmgd.org/.

Should I go on? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Myriam
Myriam

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Glad we agree:evil: used to live in the Haute vienne and the hunters there seemed more disaplined than here in the Creuse .
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:20 pm

The huntmaster two years ago got sacked because he allowed a boar to be killed and buchered in a neighbours garden with very young children watching Mad 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by noodles Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:28 am

noodles
noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Tradzoner Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:46 pm

I stand neutral with hunting. They do tend to kill each other more than their prey it seems at times. Their marksmen skils appear to be the biggest problem. I do not like to think of an animal being injured. They don't generally kill for fun as far as I know. Anything shot is shared at the end; taking it in turns for different cuts. Unfortunately often they do not bleed it, so the meat is tough.

Each town seems to have either good or bad. My ones are good but near Boussac they are definitely bad killing cats or anything that moves.
Tradzoner
Tradzoner

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi Folks it's Simmo
I love it at the end of the season when they publish the Stat's, and listed at the bottom, it give the number of hunters who have shot each other. Some 59 casulties last year. Don't you just love little boys playing with big boys toys.

One fine day in the middle of the night
two dead men got up to fight
Back to back they faced each other
drew there swords and shot each other

A little poem that comes to mind when i see these David Crockets of the Correze wandering around shooting themselves and others.
Simmo in the wild west of France ( Correze).

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Higgy Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Our neighbour and friends dress up like Rambo and they all have a
can or two before setting off. When not hunting they appear quite normal.

But NZ takes the Gold Medal for insane hunting it's mind boggling.

Higgy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down