Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to get sand and gravel near Azerables

4 posters

Go down

Where to get sand and gravel near Azerables Empty Where to get sand and gravel near Azerables

Post by pogo Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi.

I ordered sand and gravel to be delivered from the quarry at St Agnant de V. I had to call them to ask them when they were going to deliver it as he didnt know on the day I ordered it, because it was raining (weight of sand??), and the delivery hasnt arrived after 2 days waiting. You would think that after 8 years of similar service, Ide be used to it! Laughing  Oh well, a gallic shrug will solve all my manpower problems relevant to materials not arriving!!

Does anyone know of a good reliable place to order several tons of sand and gravel for delivery near Azerables? If you have an idea of approximate price that would be great.

Pogo

pogo

Back to top Go down

Where to get sand and gravel near Azerables Empty Re: Where to get sand and gravel near Azerables

Post by markthespark Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Point P ?

markthespark

Back to top Go down

Where to get sand and gravel near Azerables Empty Re: Where to get sand and gravel near Azerables

Post by tocyvi Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:23 am

markthespark wrote:Point P ?

Hi Mark
The last time I ordered some sand to be delivered from Point P was 2 years ago. It cost me 94€ for delivery - I live 10 minutes from La Soute!!
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by markthespark Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:35 pm

How many tons do you need as it might be worth using Bricofer in Lussac les Eglises....he'll charge €34 + TVA and hour to deliver (max 2.5 ton).

Mark

markthespark

Back to top Go down

Post by pogo Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi.

I need about 9 tons in total, so the Lussac one will be very expensive. I found Point P EXTREMELY expensive in the past. I am sure someone will mention having to pay the price, but I quoted on the gravel pit prices, and dont have the money to pay Point P's prices.
Oh well, looks like ill have to bite my lip, and go find out where my delivery is.Mad 
I am trying to make a point of boycotting any companies that give bad service, but looks like I wont be able to buy anything in france at this rate Laughing 

Pogo

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by pogo Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Ill try Big Mat at St Maurice La S!! Maybe I can save my lip from being bitten!!

Pogo

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tradzoner Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:09 pm

Might be better to go and see them at the quarry first. The guy might not have placed your order or you may risk it being delivered after you have placed an order with another supplier. After 8 years you know how it depends on the person you deal with alien 
Tradzoner
Tradzoner

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi Pogo. If nothing else, they're helpful at Big Mat, unlike another company you've mentioned who seem to think they're doing you a favour by serving you.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by pogo Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Is there any other type of service in france?? Laughing Laughing (but I agree about big mat, and there are others who offer good service, im being unfair!)

The guy definately took my order, said he would phone with delivery date, didnt phone for days, my wife phoned, he said it would be delivered the next day, she asked if he could give her a time, he said no, got huffy, so she didnt push it.
I wonder who owns the quarry? I have a feeling that my €200 order is low on priority, and im sure a complaint would rank along side it.
I was really annoyed as I had arranged 2 helpers to mix and barrow it for the 2 days. I now have to work for 3 weeks, so have shuttering and membrane down, and cant do anything til I get a break.
I wonder if Tesco sell sand and gravel?? Laughing

Pogo

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down