Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PASSPORT RENEWAL

3 posters

Go down

PASSPORT RENEWAL Empty PASSPORT RENEWAL

Post by redburmese Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Sorry i know this subject was on the old forum some time ago ,but things are always changeing Rolling Eyes have to renew soon so can you tell me how to go about it and the latest charge ,i have not been back to Britain for over 7 years since i moved here ,and have no intention of doing so [unless they deport me Shocked ] but have been told even if you never use it ,you have to have an up to date passport Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes any info much appreciated .
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

PASSPORT RENEWAL Empty Re: PASSPORT RENEWAL

Post by Tofu_Lover Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:38 am

It's straightforward enough, assuming that you have £150 spare. Shocked  I did mine earlier this year, and all went according to plan. The only change since then appears to be that you now send your old passport to a UK address, rather than a Paris address.

Start here - download all the forms and guidance notes, etc. - and follow instructions!

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

I would point out that if you intend to change your photograph (which you must if your appearance has changed considerably), the rules for the new photograph are very strict. It is advised to follow them to the letter - applications will be delayed (and will cost even more) if your photos are rejected.

T_L
Tofu_Lover
Tofu_Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Thanks for your answer ,much appreciated Laughing 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Can't you get an ID card for less than the price of a passport if you do not intend to travel outside of the EU? And Red does not need a new photograph, as she looks exactly the same as 7 years ago, I can vote for that Wink .
Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:01 pm

Laughing Laughing Razz Razz Rolling Eyes MANY THANKS FOR THAT ,MYRIAM ,i was feeling a bit down Sad so made my day ]i have been told a passport is still required even if you dont use it .id card not good enough for french authorities Mad [what a suprise ! ] once again many thanks .
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down