Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Look out Jack frost arriving shortly.

3 posters

Go down

Look out Jack frost arriving shortly.  Empty Look out Jack frost arriving shortly.

Post by simmo Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 am

Hi all you local gardeners.
We have a meto warning of a -3 frost o thursday/friday night in our area of the Correze. Time to get all those plants in which need protection from jack frost.
Simmo in the Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Look out Jack frost arriving shortly.  Empty Re: Look out Jack frost arriving shortly.

Post by Amber Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:52 pm

First the wind and now the frost - you're living in a very different part of the Correze to us!scratch 

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Look out Jack frost arriving shortly.  Empty Re: Look out Jack frost arriving shortly.

Post by simmo Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:21 pm

Yep Amber
We live in the high Correze 580mts ASL and also on a ridge line with the SSW weather hitting us.So any wind or weather we get it,lucky for us we have forest and buildings as a wind break.
Simmo in the Correze all plants stored ,logs cut and stored ready for the winter.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi folks
Shiver me timbers here comes the old jack frost friday night/saturday morning, our second frost this year -2 this time.
Time to get some more logs in and lay a fire.
Simmo in the Correze putting away the summer shorts, sandles and shirts.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony H Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:15 pm

I am at 570m asl just below the ridge line in west Creuse,  and haven't had a hint of frost yet. Forecast temps for the weekend at my location do not drop below 2c but could go below due to the location. Sound as if you fare even worse than me. Shocked 

Agree with the fire though... decidedly chilly out there.
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum