Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does being on the local council entail?

2 posters

Go down

What does being on the local council entail? Empty What does being on the local council entail?

Post by Inkflo Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:42 pm

Being on the local council ...
I understand that there are only about 6 meetings a year, but I wondered if anyone
else had done this, and what else it might entail?
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

What does being on the local council entail? Empty Re: What does being on the local council entail?

Post by Myriam Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:56 pm

I suppose it all depends on how big the commune is, how many sub-committées there are and how many activities take place.

We live in a small commune of 365 persons, but the élus here have about a meeting per week and they visit people at home. There are plenty of activities here, organised by 6 associations.

Maybe you can spend a week with one of the élus you know to get a better idea of what's involved? Be prepared to have long meetings with slow decision taking, at least that is my experience as vice président of one of the local associations and other local meetings.
Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

What does being on the local council entail? Empty Re: What does being on the local council entail?

Post by Inkflo Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Thanks Myriam.
We're a very small commune, and I've since been told that I'll only have to attend a meeting every two months.
So, I hope I can cope with that.
I don't have a great deal of spare time, but I'm happy to give a few hours throughout the year.
Fingers crossed. Neutral 
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:54 pm

Go for it, you can do it and it will be a great experience, I am sure Very Happy 
Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down