Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gone very quiet on the Forum.

+5
tocyvi
Tofu_Lover
Tradzoner
Izzyedwards
simmo
9 posters

Go down

Gone very quiet on the Forum. Empty Gone very quiet on the Forum.

Post by simmo Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi Folks
Has every one put the fire on,closed the shutters and got the logs stacked. It seems to have gone very quiet on the Forum and all the local summer homes of the french and brit's are now shuttered up and they appear to have gone home.The better half has also started to look at xmas cards,so i assume thats the next job to do, getting sorted for the big day.
Simmo in the Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Gone very quiet on the Forum. Empty Re: Gone very quiet on the Forum.

Post by Izzyedwards Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:46 pm

*waves from the South Vienne*

Yep, all shuttered up and waiting for the southern edge of the storm to bring it's wind and rain. Almost like being back in Scotland!!!

Izzyedwards

http://Www.izzysumbrella.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tradzoner Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:26 am

Stopped using the forum because there aren't enough people and there is rarely anything interesting. It really does not interest me what people have for dinner, would much prefer to know decent restaurants or places to go and have fun, and that just doesnt happen on this one does it Smile . Always the same 4 or 5.
Tradzoner
Tradzoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tofu_Lover Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:29 am

Tradzoner wrote:Stopped using the forum because there aren't enough people and there is rarely anything interesting.
Well, it's a shared responsibility, isn't it?

You could always contribute by actually answering my question to you on the 'National Front in France' thread. Perhaps it wouldn't be so quiet/boring then?

T_L
Tofu_Lover
Tofu_Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:23 am

Tradzoner wrote:Stopped using the forum because there aren't enough people and there is rarely anything interesting. It really does not interest me what people have for dinner, would much prefer to know decent restaurants or places to go and have fun, and that just doesnt happen on this one does it Smile . Always the same 4 or 5.
So you want a personally tailored forum that is geared purely to your own tastes, such as they are. Does it occur to you that a forum is always going to comprise a mixture of opinions, personalities and persuasions and long may it be so. I take the opposite view: it would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything.

I suspect that the real reason you stopped using the forum is because it became abundantly clear that other posters didn't share your views. Many people don't agree with the opinions that I offer but that doesn't stop me from posting. I note that even though you say you have stopped using the forum, you must have logged on, in order to have noticed the comments.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony H Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:58 pm

Looking at the forum stats I can see that 21 different people have logged on since 8.30 this morning. Perhaps, like I do sometimes, they just read the new posts and log out. That is what suits them at the time.  At other times members may have more time to contribute... it will always vary.

There are 31 people who have made 10 or more posts and inexplicably 17 out of 98 who joined and have never even visited since ????

Any forum will have a few members who post regularly and other who hardly ever post

Each person is free to use it however they wish, but I would encourage more people to post occasionally, be it information, questions or just general discussion.

What am I getting at ... the forum is what the members make it ... so make it something you want ! If you want information on good restaurants then post some of your own suggestions. If you want questions answered then try and answer others.

You get the idea. Any subject is welcome provided it complies with the forum rules, so get posting !
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:38 pm

Oh, don't get me started! I love reading the dinner thread and I'm so glad Tofu Lover is back posting as I watch for your threads; they are always interesting and I now know so much about Tofu and stuff. As for the Forum, well, it is like life - what you make of it...(someone says this as their footer I believe). Still, I'm a simple soul and just love my new life in the Correze. Can't wait to see what Simmo makes of all this Forum business! (tease, tease). K.
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by noodles Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:26 pm

My thoughts.......for what they are worth...The number of regular posters has not changed that much from the old forum. It would be very easy to get more members the question is would we want to?.

If any of you are FB users and have come across the numerous Limousin/ French groups on there as well as some of the other general forums, this place is a veritable oasis of calm and civility.  My understanding was that this forum was set up for that very reason.  There are lots of alternative busy forums people could have decamped to, and many still use, but this forum is for those who liked the gentle nature of the old forum and the respect shown to each other by the members.

For the record I don't like the meals thread either..it just makes me feel inadequate lol! 
noodles
noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:07 pm

noodles wrote:For the record I don't like the meals thread either..it just makes me feel inadequate
I wouldn't say I don't like it - in fact, I find it inspiring.......but, well, you know, embarrassing.....after all the exotic cuisine that's mentioned, my paltry (poultry?) efforts pale into insignificance
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony H Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:37 pm

I have contributed a few times to the meals thread.. it does give me ideas BUT, where do you find the time ??? I often bulk cook and then just get something from the freezer or do something simple. Perhaps once or twice a week I will make an extra effort.

This is sort of drifting off topic and I have just added to that pirat
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkflo Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:28 pm

noodles wrote:My thoughts.......for what they are worth...The number of regular posters has not changed that much from the old forum. It would be very easy to get more members the question is would we want to?.

If any of you are FB users and have come across the numerous Limousin/ French groups on there as well as some of the other general forums, this place is a veritable oasis of calm and civility.  My understanding was that this forum was set up for that very reason.  There are lots of alternative busy forums people could have decamped to, and many still use, but this forum is for those who liked the gentle nature of the old forum and the respect shown to each other by the members.
I totally agree with you.
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down