Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunflower seeds & peanuts for birds

+2
Inkflo
tocyvi
6 posters

Go down

Sunflower seeds & peanuts for birds Empty Sunflower seeds & peanuts for birds

Post by tocyvi Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:31 pm

In the past I have used the UK site for MedicAnimal for my purchases of sunflower seeds (20kg for £24.95) & peanuts (25kg for £49.92). I can no longer contact them by phone from France and when I e-mail them, I am quoted the prices from the French site: sunflower seed @ 35.03€ and peanuts @ 75.17€!!. Even taking into account the exchange rate from sterling to euro, this is a whopping mark-up. Has anyone else had the same problem and, if so, have you managed to find a way round it?

Alternatively, does anyone know a cheap source of the above, please?
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Sunflower seeds & peanuts for birds Empty Re: Sunflower seeds & peanuts for birds

Post by Inkflo Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:30 pm

It may pay you to buy those 5kilo bags from Cora that they have with the Halal stuff. They do big bags of nuts there. Peanuts of any type are really expensive now.
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Sunflower seeds & peanuts for birds Empty Re: Sunflower seeds & peanuts for birds

Post by pogo Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:09 pm

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi Pogo
Thanks a lot for the link. I've just made an order and the total delivery charge for the whole order was £9.99. Sunflower seeds were £23.95 for 25kg and peanuts were an incredible £30.99 for 25kg.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by pogo Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Ive got a table full of food and wine, if thebirds will eat it, they can have it.
Saves me having it cold for the next 2 months.

Pogo

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:28 pm

Funnily enough, the birds did say that they wouldn't mind a bit of that roulade with a large portion of Christmas cake.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:26 pm

lol! 

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:30 pm

I bought some wild bird seed last winter then mixed it with duck fat from a tin of Confit de Canard and left it in the fridge to set. I put it in the little nets you get the wild bird food in and hung them up.

Mind you the cats can smell the duck fat and are really keen to get at it - so far without success!

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:53 pm

Amber wrote:I bought some wild bird seed last winter then mixed it with duck fat from a tin of Confit de Canard !

Blimey! You've got some right poncey birds where you live, Amber.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Sunflower seeds & peanuts for birds Empty bird food

Post by pogo Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:37 am

tocyvi wrote:Funnily enough, the birds did say that they wouldn't mind a bit of that roulade with a large portion of Christmas cake.

Roulade has gone, do you think they'll take turkey, or is that canibalism? Got a couple of hundredweight of turkey. My good lady wife insists that we should have the Cyril Smith of turkeys, even though shes the only one who eats it. Mind you, the dog is looking hopeful!!

Pogo

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:30 pm

pogo wrote:the Cyril Smith of turkeys,

Careful !!
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by lady of leisure Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:09 pm

when I worked in Rochdale I saw him walking/waddling across the road he was even bigger than on the telly!!!! Shocked 
lady of leisure
lady of leisure

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:44 pm

lady of leisure wrote:when I worked in Rochdale I saw him walking/waddling across the road  he was even bigger than on the telly!!!! Shocked 

Who? Cyril Smith or the turkey?
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by er indoors Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:16 pm

tocyvi wrote:
Amber wrote:I bought some wild bird seed last winter then mixed it with duck fat from a tin of Confit de Canard !

Blimey! You've got some right poncey birds where you live, Amber.

I do the same.......... Embarassed 

er indoors

Back to top Go down

Post by lady of leisure Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:21 pm

The turkey Laughing 
lady of leisure
lady of leisure

Back to top Go down

Post by pogo Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:53 pm

tocyvi wrote:
pogo wrote:the Cyril Smith of turkeys,

Careful !!

My apologies. I am not aware of the turkey's political leanings.

pogo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down