Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Christmas Cracker

4 posters

Go down

Our Christmas Cracker Empty Our Christmas Cracker

Post by Amber Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:59 pm

Following on from my comments about various SPA sites in the Pets section we found a refuge at Clermont Ferrond that had something we fell in love with. Meet Cracker:

Our Christmas Cracker DSCF5554_zps739d1f0d

It took him about a week to win over Freya, but they are friends now:

Our Christmas Cracker DSCF5578_zpsf85c8081

Both parents (Labrador father, Spaniel mother) and their 6 puppies had been found abandoned in an empty house and the puppies were less than a week off starvation.

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Our Christmas Cracker Empty Re: Our Christmas Cracker

Post by Inkflo Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:40 pm

Looks gorgeous, and with that parentage, I should think will have a fantastic temperament.
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi Amber. Well done!! When a puppy looks at you like that (first picture), it's just impossible to resist, isn't it? We found a dog (Berger belge) at the SPA in Gueret and she's proved to be absolutely adorable. We already had a GSD and the two of them are inseparable. It's so hard to understand how people can abandon them. I'm sure he'll repay your generosity and love many times over.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:34 pm

The old yellow Labrador in the background was also rescued - he'd been taken away, aged 3, from his owner by a French neighbour because he was beating him. For ages after we brought him home he was terrified when anyone raised their arm near him, it was pathetic to see the way he cringed.

Unfortunately he's now suffering with arthritis in his back end and can't play with Freya (the black Labrador x Gordon Setter, aged 3) like he used to - hence the new arrival.

You can see in this picture a scar above his left eye where he'd been hit with a chopper  Twisted Evil 

Our Christmas Cracker Teddyinsnow

Amber

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Amber wrote:You can see in this picture a scar above his left eye where he'd been hit with a chopper

There are very few things that move me to want to use physical action but cruelty does it for me in spades.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Ime not a violent person but when i hear of this sort of cruelty to animals i would deal out the same treatment to the person involved without a secand thought   Evil or Very Mad ,good luck Amber and bless you for careing for these poor animals  Smile

Last edited by redburmese on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : emoticons not comeing on)
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:03 pm

Thank you Red, but it's not difficult when they are such lovely animals. Teddy was a problem when we first had him - very territorial towards other dogs and always escaping but once he realised he was wanted and loved he calmed down and castration made a big difference to his temperament.  Unfortunately young Master Cracker is learning bad habits from Mistress Freya - you can see from her face she knows she shouldn't be on the chair!  Laughing 

Our Christmas Cracker Dscf5515

Amber

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:35 pm

Amber wrote:castration made a big difference to his temperament.

I can understand that. It did the same for me.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:07 pm

lol! 

Amber

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Oh how sad Tocyvi ,so your not a bad doggy any more  Shocked Shocked .Great pictures Amber and well done ,they will never know how lucky they were  Laughing 
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down