Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grooming Time for a grumpy old dog.

5 posters

Go down

Grooming Time for a grumpy old dog. Empty Grooming Time for a grumpy old dog.

Post by simmo Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi Folks
We have a Pyrenean X Labri Like me he is long in the tooth and tolerates fools lightly. Grumpy is his middle name and if he does not want to do something it will not happen.Our grooming lady in Meymac is due to give him a short back and sides soon,Our last visit was a full on battle and we could not get anywhere near his head.This was hampered by having to fit his muzzle and even with three of us hanging on for grim death it was not going to happen.
So folks does anyone know of something other than a mallet or general anaesthetic to relax him. I suggested i take him out and get him drunk first, but the boss is having none of that.
Simmo in the high Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Grooming Time for a grumpy old dog. Empty Re: Grooming Time for a grumpy old dog.

Post by Frankie Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:20 pm

Simmo
Sounds like the hound needs some re assuring, maybe you get in the next harness on all fours and let one of the others cut your hair, thats if you have any to cut. I am sure it would work.

Frankie

Back to top Go down

Grooming Time for a grumpy old dog. Empty Re: Grooming Time for a grumpy old dog.

Post by simmo Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:30 am

Hi Frankie
I have to say i have enjoyed being in the harness for nearly fourty years. I still have my locks although they are now silver/grey.As regards our SPA rescue Pyrenean sheep dog Lucas he makes victor Meldrew look like a sunday school teacher.His weekend sport is to run down every Chasse dog in the area and beat the living day lights out of them,no matter what the size or breed.
His favorite films are any of the Rambo ones and even the local  chasse keep well clear of our estate.He can also turn a place into a renovation project at a moments notice,Our vet will not touch him unless Sue and i are present.
He struts his stuff like he owns the place and hair cuts are for pansies if you get my drift.Giving him a Cuddle is only allowed if he is in the mood,and with our dog grooming lady he a'int in the mood.  
Simmo in the high  correze

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by lady of leisure Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:48 am

How about a sedative to calm him? works well with horses. good luck  Sleep 
lady of leisure
lady of leisure

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:10 am

Hi Lady of Leisure
Thanks for that i will take him in to the vets this week and when he has rounded the vet's and staff up into a corner i will ask the vet for something to calm his mister grumpy atitude ready for his date with the grooming lady.Will she be pleased when Lucas falls through the door with a joint in his mouth.
Simmo in the High Correze

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:29 pm

I was also going to suggest a sedative, but you don't seem to think much of that idea judging by your response to Lady of Leisure. However, if you change your mind, I'm sure the vet's surgery will give you something for him without having to take him there.

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEVINE Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi Simmo - what about Valerian......it can be used as a sedative and comes in capsule form. I say all this as if I know what I'm talking about, but, I don't know if the capsules are something you can buy in France or, indeed, if they are legal ????? What about asking one of those nice people at our local Pharmacy if you didn't fancy a trip to the vets??? I mean all this for Lucas of course and not for you or Sue!!! Let us know if you need help and we'll come along to the groomers with you. K.
BLAKEVINE
BLAKEVINE

Back to top Go down

Post by lady of leisure Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:26 am

How did the grooming go ?
lady of leisure
lady of leisure

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down