Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible computer security scam.

4 posters

Go down

Possible  computer security scam. Empty Possible computer security scam.

Post by simmo Fri May 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Good afternoon, has anyone received phone calls in English, recommending extra security for home computers? The reason I ask is that in the past three months, always at lunch time a chap calls, his name, he says is either John or Steven. He sounds like an Indian, Pakistani or Nigerian gentleman ( I use this term loosely!) he goes into the usual spiel about buying more security on line, he would be willing to do this if I would kindly give him my bank details! So far I and Mr Simmo have politely refused, it is now getting to the stage where a couple of Anglo Saxon words are going to come into play! The ones that I used to hear frequently in the Accident and Emergency Department I used to work in. Mainly said late at night by our punters after a few beverages, often under the affluence of inkerhol (think about it!) Thank-you. Sue.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Possible  computer security scam. Empty Re: Possible computer security scam.

Post by STINKY1207 Fri May 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Simmo, we had the same call quite early one morning last year. Asian sounding bloke informed me that certain anti virus programmes were insufficient and after telling me they were from Microsoft, they would safeguard all computers I had in exchange for just 120euros if I played then and there over the net, obviously giving my card details. They had my home tel number,my full name, knew I was English and sounded quite professional . I told them I was about to be evicted for not paying my rent and the bank had taken my debit card back. They hung up without another word. Scams are everywhere.

STINKY1207

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Fri May 09, 2014 1:19 pm

I like your response Stinky, have to remember that one!

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by DC Fri May 09, 2014 3:54 pm

We had a spate of the Microsoft calls. Still can't understand how they knew we were English. Tried all sorts of subtle responses, from explaining that I knew it was a scam, asking if his mother was proud of the job he did and finally those short sharp words Mrs Simmo mentions! It's been quiet for a while, hope they got the message!

DC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down