Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wind Turbine power

3 posters

Go down

Wind Turbine power Empty Wind Turbine power

Post by Irena Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Does anyone know anything about putting a windmill on the roof for wind turbine polar (as opposed to solar panels). I've seen small ones on roof tops on the way to the airport. I'd be interested in noise, ease of installation, price, where to get one, can they be installed easily or does it need a company and how much electricity one turbine generates. Thanks.

Irena
Admin

https://limousin.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Wind Turbine power Empty Re: Wind Turbine power

Post by Jacarutu Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi, I had one of the edf blue ciel reps try and sell me one yesterday, at around €14,000, though to be fair you would get a 32% tax credit on them! One thing to be aware of is that apparently they can cause vibrations in the wall they are fixed to

Chris
Jacarutu
Jacarutu

http://Jacarutu.com

Back to top Go down

Post by twointheeye Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:23 pm

I looked into them when we had our smallholding a few years back. The smaller ones then were made mainly for the leisure boat people and were about £1200, but things have changed a lot in the intervening years and you should look see what's on the camping & caravanning market nowadays as I think they are more readily available at more competitive prices now. Probably Chinese....
They will be producing direct current to charge a battery - 12 or 24 volts - so you need an inverter to convert to alternating current, but again inverters are cheaper and better now than when I looked for one.

twointheeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down