Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter fuel payment.

2 posters

Go down

Winter fuel payment. Empty Winter fuel payment.

Post by Alpen Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:58 pm

I have copied and pasted this from the LIFT OFF - Over Forty Fives group from Facebook; it was posted by a member of that group, Jackie Cwiero.

This was seen on a Spanish expat site - worth sending off - I've done it. We have been sent a possible loophole in the Statutory Instrument, the piece of legislation that the British Government has used to take away the Winter Fuel Payment. There is a parliamentary technique which is rarely used to halt the implementation of the Statutory Instrument, otherwise known as a prayer. It has to be activated within 40 days of the tabling of the Statutory Instrument. In order to have a chance of overturning the Statutory Instrument, the clerk must receive a large number of submissions, then action may be taken to stop the implementation. You must send an email to the clerk – Work & Pensions Committee, workpencom@parliament.uk You may use the following text:-

Dear Madam,

Please convey the following message immediately to the Committee.

To members of the Select Committee for Work & Pensions. It is urged that a ‘prayer’ Early Day Motion as follows is laid before parliament before the 24th January (40 days after the Statutory Instrument was laid).

The Early Day Motion (prayer) Winter Fuel Payment to British Citizens in EU countries. The Statutory Instrument 2014 No. 3270 (laid before Parliament on the 15th December 2014) restricting payment to pensioners residing in countries incorrectly called, by the DWP ‘hot', of the EU should be annulled. After the General Election, the matter may then be appropriately reconsidered by the new Parliament.
1. It discriminates against certain groups of British Citizen pensioners residing in certain States of the EU, some of whom are already in financial difficulties.
2. It should have been done on a regional, not country basis.
3. This Statutory Instrument almost certainly contravenes the UK treaty agreement with the EU on social security co-ordination.

Regards,

Put your name here i.e. Joe Bloggs

Alpen

Back to top Go down

Winter fuel payment. Empty Re: Winter fuel payment.

Post by baldlygo Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:57 am

Thank you Alpen this sounds encouraging and my email will be on it's way.

I had never heard of these "prayers" before but see them referenced here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_Instrument_%28UK%29 and here http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons-information-office/Brief-Guides/Delegated-Legislation.pdf

Paul & Cathie
baldlygo
baldlygo

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpen Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:28 pm

The more people who respond to this the better. The proposal is unfair and discriminatory. Please everyone send an e-mail to try and stop this going through.

Alpen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down