Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small car problem - big impact :(

2 posters

Go down

Small car problem - big impact :( Empty Small car problem - big impact :(

Post by baldlygo Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:48 pm

Our Peugeot 406 lost it's aux fan belt last week and our regular local mechanic is away in Spain for 3 weeks.
It happened close to home so we have bought a new belt and tried to fit it ourselves but without success.  There are garages in Rochechouart (15 min - west) but we assume they will not speak English well enough to understand we need them to come to chez nous to fit our belt. So please does anyone know of a travelling auto repairer in our part of Haute Vienne?

Paul & Cath
baldlygo
baldlygo

Back to top Go down

Small car problem - big impact :( Empty Mechanic

Post by Inkflo Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:37 am

Sorry, don't know of an English mechanic there, but you can try telling the local French garage
Mon voiture a besoin d'une courroie de ventilateur auxiliaire. C'est chez nous, est-il possible pour vous de venir et de le réparer?
Good luck.
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Small car problem - big impact :( Empty Problem solved

Post by baldlygo Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Thanks for the advice Inkflo. As it happened we luckily had a visit from an English ex-mechanic who used a small allen key to lock back the tension pulley allowing me to fit the belt myself - reasonably easy when you know how.
Our French neighbours all seemed to think the only option would be to get the garage to collect the car and carry it back 10 miles - I can imagine a huge bill Sad
I suppose I will have to get up-to-date with modern motoring - my long time policy of buying a secondhand car and keeping it until it falls to pieces after 15 years is no longer viable.
baldlygo
baldlygo

Back to top Go down

Small car problem - big impact :( Empty All's well that ends well!

Post by Inkflo Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Ah well, you've got it sorted and learned something too.
Good to hear. cheers
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Small car problem - big impact :( Empty Re: Small car problem - big impact :(

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down