Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haute-Vienne -Batten down the hatches.

+3
jarvis
Tony H
Jellybelly
7 posters

Go down

Haute-Vienne -Batten down the hatches. Empty Haute-Vienne -Batten down the hatches.

Post by Jellybelly Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm

http://www.lepopulaire.fr/limousin/actualite/2013/07/25/la-haute-vienne-placee-en-alerte-orange-aux-orages-la-nuit-prochaine-1639392.html

Storm tonight sometime between 10pm & 7am probably hit about 2am, accompanied by strong gusts of wind up to 100 km / h rainfall up to 50 mm in one hour and hail.

Oh dear, my daughter is camping out tonight with her cousin in their garden, no doubt they'll be heading indooors. I hope the tents don't take off. affraid 
Jellybelly
Jellybelly

Back to top Go down

Haute-Vienne -Batten down the hatches. Empty Re: Haute-Vienne -Batten down the hatches.

Post by Tony H Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Ok, I will stick my neck out and say I don't see this coming off. The rainfall radar and lightning maps show a buildup coming up the west of France from Spain but it is not strong and now almost 11pm has barely reached Bordeaux.

Things like this are difficult to forecast at the best of times in terms of intensity or location.

I will probably awake and find I got it all wrong.. wait and see I suppose. I will still unplug the Livebox when I go to bed though !

Edit.. oops .. forgot the link...

http://www.meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/foudre.php
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

Haute-Vienne -Batten down the hatches. Empty Re: Haute-Vienne -Batten down the hatches.

Post by jarvis Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:39 pm

hi tony meteox site is fantastic
http://meteox.fr/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur
looking like it might be west of us but temps in monts of correze
about 22
jarvis
jarvis

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony H Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:42 am

Well I was wrong. The storm did build but it split in half and went right over Creuse. Not as strong as forecast but I did get a fair bit of thunder and some rain.

Still going on this morning over north eastern France so it spread further than France Meteo thought.

As an ex hot air balloonist. I have always had an interest in the weather and have bookmarked many weather sites including Meteox. Like that one as you can set up the radar for a quite detailed view, with zoom.

The garden needed the rain though.

How did others fair ????
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellybelly Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:10 am

It certainly was pretty tame compared to the forecast, heard distant thunder & could see lots of lightening lighting up the room through the curtains at about 3.30am, obviously enough to wake me up. Had some rain & was quite windy. My daughters tent obviously didn't blow away as she texted me this morning asking to stay another night so can't have been very bad at all. Not like the storm we had a several years ago when camping in the Vienne affraid we were hanging on for dear life with rain water gushing under the tent & the kids screaming. Even worse about 20 years ago before kids when the whole tent collapsed. Shocked 
Jellybelly
Jellybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:54 pm

No thunder here, no rain whatsoever... Can we have some rain, please? The cuves are nearly eampty and the veggie plot is very dry; we water the plants in the evening, but it almost all seems to evaporate silent .

Hailstones not welcome however No .
Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:21 pm

We had a few rumblings of thunder this morning about 7.00 am and then a quick shower, just enough to dampen the garden. It's now hot and sunny again with a slight (warm) breeze.

Amber

http://www.worldwidedonkeys.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellybelly Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:05 pm

It's horrible, hot, sticky & humid here!
Jellybelly
Jellybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by simmo Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi folks
Well her who must be obeyed kicked me out of bed this morning and said didn't you hear the rain last night. I thought christ i had only just got to sleep after the French Airforce had been playing Dambusters with the Hydro electric dams on the gorges of the Dordogne overnight.
So it was up to walk the dogs and feed the cats.Rain what rain?.
Simmo in the Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriam Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:10 pm

simmo wrote: Her who must be obeyed kicked me out of bed this morning.

Quite right, too!

Can you tell me, Simmo, why you use this expression?
Myriam
Myriam

http://www.creuset-correze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tocyvi Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Myriam wrote:
simmo wrote: Her who must be obeyed kicked me out of bed this morning.

Quite right, too!

Can you tell me, Simmo, why you use this expression?

It's taken from Rumpole of the Bailey, who describes his wife in this manner (not, however, to her face). What I didn't realise was that it refers to the fearsome queen in H Rider Haggard's "She".
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down