Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sick of house buyers looking for bargains.

3 posters

Go down

Sick of house buyers looking for bargains. Empty Sick of house buyers looking for bargains.

Post by Jellybelly Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:28 am

I've had enough of house buyers looking for bargains. Mad  Prices are getting lower & lower & it's very depressing. Sad  Our house is already priced 20k below what we've spent on it (original purchase & renovations) & 45k below what an agent valued it at. I've just been informed by one house hunter that he considers it to be overpriced! Evil or Very Mad   So the question is do I slit my wrists now or hang myself later?  (I do love these emoticons though. I love you )
Jellybelly
Jellybelly

Back to top Go down

Sick of house buyers looking for bargains. Empty House Prices!.

Post by simmo Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi Folks
If you do not have to sell, now is the time to sit tight . If they really want your house they will pay the asking price. We have had four properties in our hamlet up for sale and they all sold, to folks from the Paris area and in four days! and for the prices asked.The buyers always try and it on and get you to reduce the price.
Simmo in the Correze.

simmo

Back to top Go down

Sick of house buyers looking for bargains. Empty Re: Sick of house buyers looking for bargains.

Post by Irena Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Try and post it in our Houses for Sale section on this forum - or wait a few weeks til there are more people on the forum.

I'd be interested in hearing more about your experience and what agents you are using (and which ones your didn't - may be a PM here). We'd like to sell ours (a 90% restored watermill with 5 acres if anyone is interested) but are not desperate so we don't even want to advertise it. Or should we test the market?

Irena
Admin

https://limousin.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Sick of house buyers looking for bargains. Empty Re: Sick of house buyers looking for bargains.

Post by Jellybelly Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:32 pm

We are using 5 different agents & are advertising privately with Greenacres & Le Bon Coin. Our property has been on the market since February but it is only in the last 3 weeks that we've had any viewers. 6 in all, 2 of them were with agents, 2 from Le Bon Coin & the other 2 with Greenacres. Now is not a good time to sell as the market is saturated & I'm told that properties like ours (a large 4/5 bed farmhouse with 4.5 acres) are not in demand, most people are looking at smaller holiday homes, although apparently the rich Parisiens that Simmo mentioned are looking at larger places. I don't know if desperate is the word but I really want to sell asap to get the kids into school/college in the UK for this September but times is running out. A non-conforming fosse is also an issue but we don't have 7k to put it right & have factored that into the asking price, although not mentioned in the ads as we want people through the door, I do tell them when they're here because I don't want to get as far as the Notaire & have them pull out. We also haven't had the DPE & asbestos/lead tests done yet as it's a lot of money to fork out & we'll do it if/when we get a buyer, it's probably better to get them done in advance but we don't want to waste the money if no-one buys. It's annoying to have to get them redone as there was no asbestos or lead when we bought the place & we haven't put any in, who would? The energy report is a different matter as we have insulated the place etc. We've considered renting it out but I've read that you have to give a minimum 3 year tenancy here in France & would no doubt have to get the fosse done. Renting in the UK is expensive & it's difficult to find anywhere that will take pets so I'd have to rehome the cat & the dog Sad so selling is the only option. Irena, why don't you advertise your watermill on Greenacres & Le Bon Coin? There is fee for Greenacres but Le Bon Coin is free.
Jellybelly
Jellybelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down