Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electricity bill refund for all

+6
ARKWRIGHT
Inkflo
Myriam
tocyvi
peirol
noodles
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Electricity bill refund for all - Page 2 Empty Re: Electricity bill refund for all

Post by tocyvi Wed May 21, 2014 8:40 pm

I sent my letter on the 8th April (it may have been the 9th, but who's counting). The relevant fonctionnaires at EDF pulled out all the stops in order to reply with almost indecent haste. I received a letter today (42 days later) saying........ well, let's be honest, you know what it said, don't you?

In a nutshell: "It's not me guv; I wasn't there at the time. It's them people at the CRE wot you needs to see; they're the ones wot hands out the bunce"

So, there you have it. The EU says it's illegal, but EDF says "Up yours". I wouldn't mind betting that nobody has received a rebate.
tocyvi
tocyvi

Back to top Go down

Electricity bill refund for all - Page 2 Empty Re: Electricity bill refund for all

Post by arthur johnstone Thu May 22, 2014 9:58 am

Just had a similar letter telling us where to go!!!! So no refund form EDF they claim they only collected it for someone else.

Anyone with any ideas how we could take a "class action" in France.

We wil follow up on EDF's advice but I am not booking my next Caribbean holiday just yet..LOL

arthur johnstone

Back to top Go down

Electricity bill refund for all - Page 2 Empty Class action and other rights..look out Edf

Post by arthur johnstone Fri May 30, 2014 5:58 pm

http://www.connexionfrance.com/new-rights-for-customers-voted-in-11968-news-article.html

Class action and other right including insurance for house and cars..have a look

Arthur

Ps anyone up for a "class action on EDF Bills"?????

arthur johnstone

Back to top Go down

Post by twointheeye Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Cruising around the quechoisir site we saw a link to a story about this, and discover that :-
News
June 05, 2014
EDF Bill
The CSPE is non-refundable
Finally, the Council of State ruled, the contribution to the public service of electricity (CSPE) on electricity bills is not refundable

So, that's the last we will hear of it then?

twointheeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony H Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:15 pm

So the EU ruled it is an illegal tax but the French Government/EDF won't give it back and they will continue to charge it.

Just about what I was expecting !
Tony H
Tony H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2