Limousin Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tax return help required

4 posters

Go down

Tax return help required Empty Tax return help required

Post by Alpen Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:37 am

I need to complete my first French Tax Return this year and some help is required. Can I download the forms and if so, where from? Then, where do I send them to? Or do I have to contact my local tax office and register with them? And where is the tax office for this area?

Last edited by Alpen on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Alpen

Back to top Go down

Tax return help required Empty Re: Tax return help required

Post by peirol Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:27 pm

The tax forms are downloadable, but you will not necessarily know which ones to download the first time, as there are various forms for different income from French and/or overseas sources. So you do need to visit your tax office and they will sort out what you need. You also need to complete a form which the French tax office sends to the UK tax authorities confirming that you are no longer tax resident in the UK.
As you are in Chateauponsac, you could well come under Bellac tax office, in which case you are in luck; ask there for M. Shearer, who is half-French, half-New Zealander so he speaks English fluently and is very knowledgeable about ex-pat tax matters. He will tell you exactly what you need to do, and if you supply the information he will make an appointment to help you fill in the forms.

peirol

Back to top Go down

Post by Inkflo Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:54 pm

Is it possible to change tax offices?
We come under Limoges as that's where we made our first return, but we live 20 mins south of bellac and I would really prefer to go there.
Inkflo
Inkflo

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpen Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:37 pm

Thanks for the info Peirol. I will go to the Bellac office as soon as my wife receives her S1 from Newcastle for her Carte Vitale. Might as well do both at the same time.

Alpen

Back to top Go down

Post by redburmese Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:45 pm

The connexion english paper this month has all the info on tax returns,hubby said he would have made a few mistakes without the info given [and he has filled these out for a few years now !!!]
redburmese
redburmese

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpen Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:44 am

Went into the Bellac tax office this morning, met M. Shearer, tax return completed and out of the building within twenty minutes. Went to the office to get my wife's Carte Vitale and, surprise, surprise, it was closed. Visited it six times and only been open twice!

Alpen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down